Old Jan 7th, 13, 12:12 pm   #1
alexeve10
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 570
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Detroit:Canton
Integral Hinge Hack

Hi All,

I just finished installing Akurum cabinets in my new laundry room. I went to install the last door on my 80" tall cabinet the smaller door and noticed I'm missing one part of one of the integral hinges. I've got the opening mechanism that fits into the front (door), but I don't have the little part that screws into the actual cabinet that the door clips onto. Anyone know of a work around? As the nearest Ikea is about an hour away and this is the only thing I currently need. Anything I can get at Home Depot that fits with the hinge? Once this door is on I'm officially finished with the project...kitchen and laundry room. Thanks.

Share |

alexeve10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jan 9th, 13, 3:47 pm  
IKEAFANS Community Mentor

iKarma: 32,570
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: USA-Minneapolis:Twin Cities

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 3

Re: Integral Hinge Hack

You might try calling the store and seeing if you can get them to send you one.
Or find a willing donor here. I know I am not alone in having a whole box of miscellaneous parts, but nothing that I am confident would work with current generation AKURUM .

I am not familiar with any non-IKEA solution that would work.

Share |

Comment