Old Jan 15th, 13, 2:16 pm   #1
goldfish06
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 220
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Canada-Montreal:Boucherville
Question Block/stop Pax slidding door

Hi!
I recently bought a 2nd hand PAX wardrobe with sliding doors. The one that is 2 units of 100x236.
What I didn't think of is that since my apartment being very old, the floors are not leveled. But it isn't just a regular drop.. there are several higher and lower points, which make it impossible for me to level the whole PAX unit. Everything still fits properly, but the outer door won't stay shut (it always opens on its own).
Is there a way to make or buy a blocking device that will keep the door closed (and that is easily usable so that I can still open it when i need to) ?
Thanks in advance!

Share |

goldfish06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Feb 1st, 13, 12:05 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 422
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Canada-Vancouver:Coquitlam
Re: Block/stop Pax slidding door

Hope this might offer you some more options to resolve your issue..
KOMPLEMENT Soft closing damper - IKEA

As well you could try buying some more of the connecting nut/bolts and make the 2 PAX frames connect very solid in the front and back top and bottom corners.

Then try shimming the individual legs to make it level.
Make sure you loosen the wall anchors before you make the adjustments.

Share |
Metrocruiser-Van-BC is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
door block , level , pax , sliding door , stopper