Old Jan 23rd, 13, 7:53 am   #1
Zkd14
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 220
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Hemnes queen size headboard

Hello,

I am having a small issue with my Hemnes queen size. It is from 2006, and from what I just found out the newer version now includes three screws per side that enter the side of the headboard to keep it all in one piece.

Anyway, my frame dos not have this option, and after moving for my second time, the headboard refuses to stay together (end posts sliding out and off the dowels, usually causing the frame or slats to slip and the bed to fall apart. If nothing else it causes the bed to bow or something and the mattress then dips in the middle making sleeping very uncomfortable)

I have thought about replacing the dowels as they may have just worn out and will not hold as well, but after seeing the new construction plan, and the changes in where the side supports are placed as well, I have decided to reach out see if anyone else has any tips.

Thanks.

Share |

Zkd14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jan 31st, 13, 11:57 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 160
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:College Park
Re: Hemnes queen size headboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkd14 View Post
Hello,

I am having a small issue with my Hemnes queen size. It is from 2006, and from what I just found out the newer version now includes three screws per side that enter the side of the headboard to keep it all in one piece.

Anyway, my frame dos not have this option, and after moving for my second time, the headboard refuses to stay together (end posts sliding out and off the dowels, usually causing the frame or slats to slip and the bed to fall apart. If nothing else it causes the bed to bow or something and the mattress then dips in the middle making sleeping very uncomfortable)

I have thought about replacing the dowels as they may have just worn out and will not hold as well, but after seeing the new construction plan, and the changes in where the side supports are placed as well, I have decided to reach out see if anyone else has any tips.

Thanks.
I am having the same problem but with the footboard for the past 6-mo. Bed was purchased in 2009. The bed was moved once to the other side of a small bedroom; afterwards the end posts were/are slipping off. We replaced the dowels and it didn't work. It would continue to slip and the bed would collapse, just getting into bed would cause this.

I went online to see if anyone else had an idea of how to fix it. We are considering using wood glue to glue the dowels into the post (not ideal; but we think it's better than having the bed fall apart--- we've been sleeping on the floor for the past 2-wks).

Share |
NavyYarder is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
falling apart , headboard , hemnes , queen , reassembly