Old Jul 26th, 07, 11:04 pm   #1
Susan
Administrator

iKarma: 220,316
Gallery: 1457
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 3

Ikea Hacker and IKEAFANS Join Forces!

IKEAFANS is thrilled to bring forums back to the ikeahacker community. Announcing the new ikeahacker Forum on IKEAFANS!

A place to share your brainstorms, work out the details of your project, get advice and guidance, then send in your hacks to ikeahacker! We think it's a wonderful collaboration destined to bring ikea fans from all over the world together in a community that welcomes creativity, ingenuity and thinking outside the big blue box.

Welcome to the entire ikeahacker community!

Special thanks to Jules for working together on this - gotta love the internet!

Share |

Susan is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jul 27th, 07, 12:43 am  
AKA: DulcineaK
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 120,801
Gallery: 110
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: Rubrik Turq, Fagerland, Tida BB and more!

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 10

I've been blogged!
Re: Ikea Hacker and IKEAFANS Join Forces!

Welcome Jules and all our friends from IKEA Hacker!

We are excited to meet any and all the folks who venture our way. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, we like questions, and pictures!

Share |
Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 07, 12:48 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 409
Gallery: 60
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown
Doorstyle: Tidaholm

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

This is really exciting! I would love to see some of the mods from IKEA Hacker in links from here.

Share |
woodswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 07, 3:16 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 70
Gallery: 3
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Costa Mesa
Doorstyle: Nexus Birch

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 

Very cool marriage of communities. Welcome to all of you from Ikea Hacker.

Share |
climber_grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 07, 6:17 pm  
Frankenfingers

iKarma: 84,332
Gallery: 2962
Doorstyle: Tidaholm!

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 

One of the things we'd like to do is to setup an RSS feed that would provide links to all the latest entries on the Ikeahacker blog, seems like it would be an appropriate tie-in. Should be possible, just a question of nailing down the details.

James

Share |

Want to help support IKEAFANS without taking a penny out of your pocket? Check out Amazon's offerings by following the link below (then search from there ) and a percentage of the sale will support this site! Kitchen Planning Resources
Tigratrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 07, 9:23 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 400
Gallery: 0

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome. It's better than a hot cup of Swedish coffee.

James,
You beat me to it. Was just going to ask you for a RSS feed. Ikea minds think alike?

Share |
Jules ikeahacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 07, 10:17 am  
IKEA FANS fan!

iKarma: 41,994
Gallery: 174
My IKEA: USA-Minneapolis:Twin Cities
Doorstyle: Nexus Yellow Brown

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 12

I've been blogged!

Jules, welcome! We are so lucky to have the extremely cool Ikea Hacker community as part of our family! Now everyone, mix, mingle, chat amongst yourselves!!

I think you'll find we're IKEAHACKER FANS too!

Kelly

Share |
kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 07, 5:58 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 15,158
Gallery: 102

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

Welcome IKEAHackers!
Gloria

Share |
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 07, 8:12 pm  
Frankenfingers

iKarma: 84,332
Gallery: 2962
Doorstyle: Tidaholm!

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules ikeahacker View Post
Hello and thanks for the warm welcome. It's better than a hot cup of Swedish coffee.

James,
You beat me to it. Was just going to ask you for a RSS feed. Ikea minds think alike?

I'll make it happen one way or another... I've got about 4 different ways I'm looking at making it happen, for some reason the auto posting in a specified forum isn't working, there's something it doesn't like about the feed on http://feeds.feedburner.com/Ikeahacker . ::sigh::

My idea solution is to setup a module that shows on this forum that provides snippets of recent blog posts on ikeahacker with links back to the blog. Unfortunately I'm running into a series of brick walls in getting the php to work right. Once I get that straightened out I'll get it setup as a module one way or another. Seems like the perfect tie-in to me. Not sure if we've got the screen space to do a RSS feed site wide, but might be able to add it into our recent blog posts list? That shows on the right side of everything except a thread listing...

Definitely working on it! I've got one possible implementation, but it shows a single entry at a time with a time delay between them, I was shooting for a listing of several at once though. The small footprint of the rotating RSS reader might be an advantage though... ::ponder::

James

Share |

Want to help support IKEAFANS without taking a penny out of your pocket? Check out Amazon's offerings by following the link below (then search from there ) and a percentage of the sale will support this site! Kitchen Planning Resources
Tigratrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment