Go Back   IKEA FANS > Plan and Design > IKEA Home Planner
Register Blogs Forum/Blog Search Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Aug 24th, 10, 10:38 pm   #1
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 486
Gallery: 0
Problem getting high cabinet to stick to obstacle wall

We're trying to model our kitchen, which currently has a wall on one side that separates it from the dining room. We may knock that out in our design, but for now I modelled that wall as an obstacle wall. However, I cannot get the kitchen designer to allow me to drop a high cabinet w / pullout drawers against it. Instead, the green "we're gonna drop the cabinet HERE" thing keeps sticking my cabinet to one of the walls that bounds the entire model. But those are the wrong walls - those are my dining room walls.

Help?

Share |
Austinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 10, 7:51 pm   #2
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 91
Gallery: 0
Re: Problem getting high cabinet to stick to obstacle wall

Have the similar case here and still cannot find the right solution

Share |
kyoto7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 10, 8:15 pm   #3
Administrator

iKarma: 220,316
Gallery: 1457
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 3

Once it's dropped it, you can't move it around? I've found that if I drag something, then pause for a second and wait for the outline of it to turn green, it will slide it into place for me. It took me a while to realize that though.

Susan

Share |
Old Sep 16th, 10, 10:24 pm   #4
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 225,028
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!

As long as your measurements are correct and you know the cabinets will fit, why not remove the wall in the planner? That way you can put the cabinets in place as you want them to end up.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote