iKarma: 206
Gallery: 20
My IKEA: USA-Minneapolis:Twin Cities
Doorstyle: Adel

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

Smile Hello from Overland Park, Kansas!

Well, I have to say I am VERY impressed with this site. I have been a LONG time fan of IKEA and, sadly, have never lived less than 6 hours from a store! Currently, I'm in the process of planning a complete kitchen redo and am finding the whole process confusing. It doesn't help that I'm on a Mac and must switch over to PC mode to use the IKEA Kitchen Planner. I'm just a novice PC user and never know where I've saved my files!

I've developed my basic layout but look forward to customizing it with the help of all of you experts!

Kari

Share |

karimck is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Feb 1st, 08, 10:33 am  

iKarma: 156,240
Gallery: 21
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:East Palo Alto
Doorstyle: stat white

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor 
Total Awards: 9

I've been blogged!
Re: Hello from Overland Park, Kansas!

Welcome to Ikeafans!

Share |
NBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 08, 11:36 am  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 70
Gallery: 32
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Doorstyle: Ulrik

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation) 

Hello and welcome...I used to live near OP many years ago when I was in high school!!

Share |
Old Feb 1st, 08, 6:42 pm  
IKEA FANS fan!

iKarma: 41,994
Gallery: 174
Doorstyle: Nexus Yellow Brown

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 12

I've been blogged!

Hi and Welcome to IKEAFANS from a Jayhawk with LOTS of family in OP and KC!!

Share |
kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 08, 6:45 pm  
IKEA FANS fan!

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 

I've been blogged!

Question for you- isn't Minneapolis closer to OP than Chicago? I drive to KC 3-4 times a year and it's 7 hours on Hwy 35. I used to live in Chicago and tried ONCE to drive to KC and it took A LOT longer. Plus with traffic in and around Chicago, you can sit for hours on the expressway...

Apparently I'm really over invested in getting you to change your "local IKEA" to " Twin Cities !"

Share |
Old Feb 1st, 08, 7:33 pm  
IKEA FAN

LBG Adoptions

Roooooooock Chaaaaaaalk, Jayhaaaaaaaaawk, K, Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

So nice to hear from a fellow alumn! You're right--Minneapolis IS closer! Honestly, I didn't realize it until this thread. It's actually a little embarrassing...

Share |
Old Feb 1st, 08, 7:38 pm  
IKEA FANS fan!

LBG Adoptions

I've been blogged!

IF you were a bird (exclude Jayhawks for this bit), Chicago would be equally close...but the world ain't gone to the birds just yet!

Show us your plans, and WE CAN WHIP A TIGER BY ITS TAIL.

Share |
Old Feb 1st, 08, 7:47 pm  
IKEA FAN

LBG Adoptions

Man! I just looked at all of your photos. Niiiiiice....

I'd love your help/feedback. I have to admit I'm more of a Martha wannabee. I'd KILL for your appliances. I'll have to settle for less, however.

I'm heading to eat pizza now. I'll attach my layout after dinner.

What years were you at KU?

I love Minneapple--where do you live there?

K

Share |
Old Feb 1st, 08, 8:57 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 550
Gallery: 0

Hey, I'm from Kansas City and now live in Minneapolis, the drive is pretty easy. I've heard rumors of a store maybe going to St. Louis, that wouldn't be a bad drive for you! My mom has also told me that they've been advertising on local KC tv, and that would explain why. Minneapolis is beautiful in the springtime, worth checking out to anyone who hasn't been!

Share |
annessa17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 08, 10:26 pm  
IKEA FANS fan!

LBG Adoptions

I've been blogged!

Hey Thanks!! We definitely got what we dreamed of, thanks to IKEA! Would have been many thousands more with the cabs we were originally looking at.

You'll be pleased to know that the cooktop came from Factory Direct in Lenexa as a display model they were 'moving along'! They have a great as-is back room. Highly recommend a clearance deal- that's how we got the fridge, cooktop and warming drawer.

Both McGuyver and I were there '83-'86 and moved on to School of the Art Institute of Chicago and U of MN, respectively. My parents were married at Danforth Chapel, dad taught at the J school in the early 70's and 80% of all relatives on both sides walked down the hill...You?

We're in Golden Valley, first ring suburb 7 miles from downtown, on a little lake with egrets and herons- and we see Bald Eagles overhead all summer. Annessa's right- It's a great place to live. I even like the winter.

Any door styles you're interested in??

Share |

Comment

Tags
ikea kitchen planner , kitchen planner , kitchen planning