LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Sep 28th, 12, 6:24 pm   #1
Suzi Leeman
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 745
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Is IKEA coming to Maine in the near future?

Hello fellow IKEA fans! I am new to this forum, but am a huge IKEA fan. I have been to both the Boston and Houston IKEA stores. Boston being the closest to me, and Houston while visiting my sister who lives there.
So now for my question...
Does anyone out there know if there are any plans at all to open an IKEA store in Maine, or perhaps even one in New Hampshire? I have heard rumors of plans for an IKEA store in South Portland , Maine, but I cannot seem to confirm any of these rumors. Boston is the closest IKEA to me, and it is an overnight trip, being that it is AT LEAST a FIVE HOUR drive.
Thanks to anyone who might shed some light on this subject.
I am just SOO wanting an IKEA to be closer to me than a FIVE HOUR drive. Especially now that we are planning some remodeling & renovating projects. We may also very soon be finishing the large master suite, laundry & kitchen addition to our home as well! This winter we would like to get a lot of his indoor renovating & remodeling done!
Thanks all! I look forward to hearing back from folks!!

Share |

Suzi Leeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Oct 1st, 12, 6:48 am  
Formerly cecfconsult

iKarma: 90,492
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-New Haven
Doorstyle: ALL- I'm a designer.

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

I've been blogged!
Re: Is IKEA coming to Maine in the near future?

Hi Suzi,

While nothing is impossible, IKEA generally enters markets of at least 1-2 million people. Considering the entire state of Maine only has 1.3 million, I would say an IKEA in your future is unlikely.

I feel your pain, and also live 4-5 hours from the closest IKEA.

Such are the burdens we bear to live where we live!

If you are considering large projects, consider IKEA direct . The more you buy the less you pay for shipping, but it still isn't cheap.

Share |
I-PIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment