Old Jan 7th, 08, 11:02 am   #1
fox71
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 200
Gallery: 3
My IKEA: USA-Salt Lake City:Draper
36" pro range at ikea?

Hello everyone,
Has anyone bought the 36" pro range available at Ikea? They don't have it in Salt Lake City. I haven't been able to see it. I don't even know if it is sold in the US. Anyone has any experience with it?

Thanks, Ben

Share |

fox71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jan 7th, 08, 3:00 pm  

iKarma: 40,050
Gallery: 34
My IKEA: USA-West Sacramento
Doorstyle: Adel Birch

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

I've been blogged!
Re: 36" pro range at ikea?

Hi Ben - I haven't seen anyone here mention that they've purchased the new IKEA pro range but I do know that it is being sold in the US ... Eva has posted photos of it in the galleries here - from a display in Arizona. It's the PRAKTFULL range.

Doreen

Share |

IKEAFANS Needs Your Help - Right NOW
dafogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 08, 4:25 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 17,440
Gallery: 60
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Covina
Doorstyle: Avsikt/Kalsebo

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 2

I've been blogged!

I haven't seen it in the stores myself either, but the dimensions suggest it's made by Whirlpool EU and that it's a gas cooktop/electric oven setup.

Share |
Please note that all advice, information, and layouts provided by forum members on this site was done on a voluntary basis and out of kindness of their hearts. If you appreciate the help you received, please support this site and donate to keep it going.
Narf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 08, 12:05 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Houston
Doorstyle: adel mb

I too am interested in this range. The thread seems to have stopped in January. We are building and I have a little time. Sure would like to hear from anyone who has used this range. Thanks Jeanine

Share |
mastergardenergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 08, 8:30 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 1,607
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge

I saw the range with stainless backsplash and hood on display at the IKEA Woodbridge , VA store last week - it is beautiful! Priced at $2,999. We are also considering it for our kitchen.

Share |
Debbiesull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 08, 7:47 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 350
My IKEA: USA-Detroit:Canton

I saw this range last week at Ikea and it stuck me that it looked very similar to the Fratelli Onofri Evolution range that we put in our kitchen. Same look, same burner config and style, same specs. Looks like Ikea's was slightly defeatured (no digital clock/timer, no wok ring, plastic knobs, etc) but the guts appeared the same. Ikea may have sourced it from Whirlpool who sourced it from Fratelli Onofri - who knows.

I love our Fratelli though; the convection oven is huge and is helping me turn out better food. What I liked about this range is that the burners had enough firepower for me, but not too much (like other pro-style ranges) that I would have to worry a major overhaul of my ventilation system. Plus it looks great in our kitchen. We are very satisfied even though we have only been using it a couple of weeks.

Be advised that neither model is self-cleaning and since they are dual fuel (which is great for cooking/baking) they require both a gas line and a 220V electric hookup.

The Fratelli range went up in price by about $300 this year - which makes the Ikea range a good value. We got a great deal on our Fratelli though so I'm not suffering any buyer's remorse after seeing something similar show up at Ikea

Share |
Liesl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 08, 11:34 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 413
My IKEA: Canada-Ottawa

Just purchased the Praktfull Pro A50 S Gas Range. This is the Canadian version of the Pro A51 S (Celsius vs. Fahrenheit markings). Did not yet install it, but can pretty much confirm it is a stripped-down Fratelli Onofri Evolution 36" (see photos). The serial no. plate confirms it is made in Italy. The digital clock timer has been replaced by a mechanical timer knob on the left on the unit. The knobs are black instead of metal and there is no mini-backsplash. Oven window and grills are slightly different. Comes with a LP gas conversion kit which, according to the label on the back of the unit, maintains the BTU ratings on par with NG.

This is the only range Ikea sells in Canada for about the same price as the United States . All other cooktops, ovens and ranges have markups up to 50% over US pricing. With the C$ at par, it escapes me why there is such a great gap. Since Fratelli Onofri is not available in Canada, this is a great deal IMHO . Will report back with a full review once we install it in its LP configuration.

BTW , has anyone else in Ottawa had to pick up an appliance at the Special Order Pick-Up Warehouse (Sheffield Road location)? What was IKEA thinking? This place is located 20 km (12.5 miles) from the store in an industrial no-man's land. The signage is non-existent and the loading docks are designed for large trucks. Good thing we were two able-bodied guys to pick it up, because we had to lower the 250 pound box into our pickup OURSELVES !!! We know Ikea is a self-serve operation, but this was totally ridiculous.

Share |

Last edited by dosgringos; Jun 7th, 08 at 7:22 am.. Reason: Added photos
dosgringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 08, 9:12 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 550
My IKEA: Canada-Ottawa
Doorstyle: Lidingo

I bought a Praktfull range from the Ottawa IKEA as well. I am still in reno mode so the range is not yet hooked up. I arranged for IKEA to deliver all the cabinets and appiances to my home for $125.

I had to go to the no mans land warehouse to pick up some extra doors i needed, so I feel your pain. I think I drove by the entrance 3 times before I found it! SIGNS WOULD BE HELPFULL!

I can't wait to start using my new range. It is a beauty.I hope it performs as well as it looks!

Share |
Old Jul 14th, 08, 9:40 pm  
IKEA FAN

My IKEA: Canada-Vancouver:Coquitlam

So...how are the new stoves? I am considering purchasing the full unit for my reno.

I finally saw a floor unit at the Coquitlam store. I asked the kitchen department staff how the response from customers has been. They said they've sold about six units and only had one returned because it was damaged. They haven't received any feedback.

Please let me know how you like your new stoves!

Brad.

Share |
drbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 08, 9:55 pm  
IKEA FAN

My IKEA: Canada-Vancouver:Coquitlam

One more question. I read in this thread that the range is dual fuel, natural gas stove and electric range.

I couldn't see where it said that on Ikea's website. Can anyone confirm that the Canadian version is indeed dual fuel?

Thanks,

Share |
drbrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment