No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Feb 14th, 10, 5:50 pm   #1
lynndr
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 404
Gallery: 1
Need refrigerator that fits below 68" height opening

Hi All-

My ikea applad kitchen is about 5 years old now. I need to replace my refrigerator but can't find one to fit in the space. My space is 68" tall x 36"wide. Most refrigerators are about an inch or two taller than this. Ideally I'd love it to be french door, bottom freezer, counter depth.

Any suggestions?

Share |

lynndr is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Feb 14th, 10, 8:35 pm  

iKarma: 156,240
Gallery: 21
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:East Palo Alto
Doorstyle: stat white

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor 
Total Awards: 9

I've been blogged!
Re: Need refrigerator that fits below 68" height opening

What do you have above the fridge? Many people mod their fridge cabs to accept a ~12" drawer front in order to gain a few precious inches....

Share |
NBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 10, 9:40 pm  
IKEAFANS Community Mentor

iKarma: 167,356
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Ft Lauderdale:Sunrise
Doorstyle: Stat or Lidi

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

AJ Madison is a good site for doing this kind of research. Here's their page for counter depth, and you can search by height by using the links on the left side of the page:

Counter Depth Refrigerators

Share |
Harpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 10, 6:35 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 200

I have EXACTLY the same problem and have been looking for a slightly shorter refrigerator than is as wide as my current one--just under 36". I would also like a French door bottom freezer refrigerator. Any luck yet?

Share |
astrupm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 10, 11:26 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 3,909

I was looking at the fridge sizes because I mounted my cab at right about 68 inches. So it turns out the french door option only comes in bigger fridges, I didn't find any that would fit under 68.

Share |
cloudswinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 10, 1:29 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudswinger View Post
I was looking at the fridge sizes because I mounted my cab at right about 68 inches. So it turns out the french door option only comes in bigger fridges, I didn't find any that would fit under 68.
Sorry I'm late to see the earlier posts, but GE makes one that is 67 3/4" high WITHOUT the hinge, and 68 1/2" with the hinge. So, if your fridge sticks out 6-8" in front of the 2' deep cabinets, the hinge may not be a problem for you.

FYI , the Sears website allows you to sort refrigerators by height.

Share |
Yikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 10, 6:21 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 1,384
Gallery: 8

I'm also late to the party here. I have the following LG french door refrigerator that is 67.25" without the hinge. The hinges are on the front part, so as Yikes pointed out earlier they might clear the cabinet above.

LG LFC20760 19.7 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator with 4 Split Spill-Proof Glass Shelves, Cantilevered Shelves, Ice Maker, IcePlus Accelerated Freezing and Digital LED Controls

Of course, the next problem you would have with this is a 6" gap on the side because it's only 30 inches wide. I'm sure you could figure out some shelves or something to put there or cover it with a panel.

Since it has been so long, I'm curious if you already found a solution. If so, I'd love to see some photos and/or hear what you did. Thanks!

Share |
Blissful450sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 13, 8:25 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 123
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville

Hey Guys,

If you want a counter depth under 68" tall you could try the Fisher and Paykel from New Zealand. The RF170ADUX1 RF170ADUX1-ActiveSmart™ Fridge - 17 cu. ft. Counter Depth French Door with Ice & Water is 67.5" tall to the top of the hinge. It's under 32" wide but gives you a true counter depth appliance.

Share |
Tanrandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment