No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Oct 22nd, 08, 8:16 pm   #1
leeannem978
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 560
Gallery: 15
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Antik knob drill bit size, incorrect

So, tonight I went to put a couple of Antik knobs on my lidi doors and noticed the recommended drill bit size was 5/16 on the little card that came w /them.

I thought that didn't seem right from when I had installed the rest of my knobs, so I took off an installed knob and put a 5/16 drill bit up next to the hole ... WAY too big! Took out a 3/16 bit and it fit thru just fine.

I just found my directions from another pack of Antik knobs and it says 3/16 for the bit measurement.

Has anybody else noticed this typo - thank dog I didn't use a 5/16, I would have wrecked my very expensive lidi door!!!!

Will mention to IKEA when I go back down there this weekend (after I double check my other knob packs to see what they say).

Share |

leeannem978 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Oct 23rd, 08, 9:05 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 13,955
Gallery: 127
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 8

Re: Antik knob drill bit size, incorrect

Thanks for noting this! I don't think it's been mentioned before so it's good to know!

Susan

Share |
Old Oct 24th, 08, 6:54 am  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 560
Gallery: 15
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Re: Antik knob drill bit size, incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenOfDarwin View Post
Thanks for noting this! I don't think it's been mentioned before so it's good to know!

Susan
So, I am going to back up my panic button for a moment ... The Antik drawer handles require the 5/16 hole since the handle ends actually go IN to the drawer front to connect w /the screws. On the other hand, the Antik door knobs do not go IN to the cabs, they lay flat and the screw comes thru from the back and that uses the 3/16.

I think that I may have had a loose set of instructions sitting around and grabbed the wrong one ... however, w/good ole IKEA they are minimal and they don't picture the product.

Mystery solved, but be careful anyway folks!

Share |
leeannem978 is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment