Comment

LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Nov 1st, 06, 12:05 am   #1
kenandheike
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 90
Gallery: 0
I'm considering the Hjuvik faucet. I'm a newcomer to Ikea and a bit of a skeptic. Will this faucet stand up in quality to a Moen or Price Pfister, etc? Just wondering if anyone's had this Hjuvik for a while and if it's stood up to lots of use. We expect a larger family so want something that'll take a beating.

Share |

kenandheike is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Nov 1st, 06, 9:57 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 14,055
Gallery: 123
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 8

kenandheike -- Welcome!

I can't speak personally to your question, but I can direct you to a very long thread on the subject of the Hjuvik and you may find some folks in that thread that you can PM for more info, or ask them to post publicly in this thread so that we can all see what the long term experience is like.Alternatively, if you post on that thread, all members will receive a notification email (if they've enabled it) and hopefully can provide an update.

Good luck!

Susan

To everyone in general and noone in particular, PLEASE READ: http://www.ikeafans.com/forums/forum37/3360.html

Share |
Old Mar 1st, 07, 1:48 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Hjuvik reliability, My experience

I have installed two Hjuvik taps in ours and our daughters kitchen. One is now 2 years old and my daughters less than one year.

Yesterday I took my daughters Hjuvik back to the Warrington ( UK ) store and had it exchanged because it had sprung a leak!

The tap was constantly dripping, not from the the outlet, but from inside the right hand control knob. I had several frustrating phone calls to Ikea trying to find out if seals or any other parts were available but eventually gave up and took it back to the store where they exchanged it. The new replacement works OK but the left hand knob feels rough to turn so does not inspire confidence.

Regarding the tap I installed in our kitchen, it has recently started making a 'growling' noise whilst the cold water is running. I suppose the noise is some sort of high frequency 'water hammer' but its the only outlet in the house to do this so in my opinion it must be the Hjuvik itself. Exchanging this one will be a pain and involves another long trip and a day without a kitchen sink.

Ian

Share |
elanman999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 09, 12:50 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
My IKEA: USA-Cincinnati:West Chester
Re: hjuvik faucet durability

Unfortunately, I have had very similar issues with my Hjuvik faucet as the previous poster.
I have had the faucet for about 9 months. After only 2 months the right handle began to leak/drip constantly.
I lived with this for a while, and then a couple of weeks ago the cold water stopped working completely. I was able to get cold water just fine from all other outlets in the house so I'm inclined to think it was a problem with the Hjuvik.
I just returned this faucet to IKEA. I would have really preferred my money back, but was only able to exchange it for another Hjuvik. I am very skeptical that I will be back at the IKEA return desk in a few months with this faucet as well.
Unfortunately, I can't say I recommend this faucet to anyone. I have been thrilled with all other aspects of my IKEA kitchen. But a faucet with a 10-year warranty that has issues after only 2 months of use is extremely annoying. And for those of us who have lived through kitchen renovations, you understand how frustrating it is to be without a kitchen faucet for any length of time - even 1-day to do an exchange!

Share |
mary1805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 12, 6:41 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 12,210
Gallery: 12
My IKEA: USA-Cincinnati:West Chester
Doorstyle: Abstract high gloss white & gray
Re: hjuvik faucet durability

We have very similar problem. We used the Hjuvik faucet for about 3 weeks in temporarily countertop conditions without any leaks. The fuacet would drip little if the water was turned off on hot. It was OK if it was turned off on cold.
While we just got a new granite countertop installed, we reinstalled it and guess what? The hot water is leaking from the bottom of the threaded portion, so we had to shut off the hot water completely. So the previous dripping was a first sign of failure only after 1 month of usage.
We like the faucet and the fact that the water has the right pressure, especially while rinsing. It is not strong, so the water doesn't splatter all over the countertop...
Another trip to Ikea. This fauces will become more expensive than I thought while the drive will cost me almost $40 plus the whole day will be wasted with the trip.

Share |
IceFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 12, 11:16 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 134
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:East Palo Alto
Thumbs down Re: hjuvik faucet durability

Just installed this faucet which looks beautiful and it leaks from it's base into the cabinet. Water runs down the cold line! Also, althought fully supported, it sort of "jumps" when you turn it on and off. This is a little off-putting since it has so much support. I am seeing a lot of negative reviews of this on here. I'm thinking i will need to find a new faucet instead of this one.

Share |
Jason Bedient is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment