rudigussett
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 1,370
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Australia-Sydney:Homebush Bay Drive
Doorstyle: Faktum Abstrakt High-gloss White
Bredskar sink dimensions

Hi all,

I've got an incoming 600mm (24") cabinet which I would like to fill with the largest single bowl underbench sink I can get my hands on.

I like the looks of the smaller Bredskar sink, which has listed dimensions of 520mm x 460mm x 180mm (20.5" x 18.25" x 7.25. However, I suspect that these listed dimensions are for the entire unit, including lip, and that the sink infill itself is a couple of inches smaller in width and depth after allowing for the skirt - but I can't find anything on the Ikea site to confirm or deny this.

As I've got an option on another sink which measures 590mm x 450mm x 200mm (23.25" x 17.75" x 7.75") in total including 1 inch skirt on all sides which effectively shinks the size of the sink by two inches in width and depth, I want to make sure I'm comparing apples with apples, so to speak. Accordingly, is anyone able to confirm whether the listed Ikea dimensions are inclusive or exclusive of the skirt/lip? If so, does anyone know what the inside of the sink measures up at?

Alternatively, has anyone had any luck housing the bigger Bredskar bowl which is listed as 24 3/8 x 18 1/8 x 7 1/8 in 24" cabinets? Ours is sitting in between a corner unit and an integrated dishwasher, so I was hoping I could overhang the skirt slightly on either side before covering it all up with a stone benchtop?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I've been lurking in these forums for weeks whilst we designed our kitchen and you guys have been an invaluable source of information. Cheers!

Share |

rudigussett is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jan 12th, 12, 7:44 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 1,370
Doorstyle: Faktum Abstrakt High-gloss White
Re: Bredskar sink dimensions

Righto campers. In the vain hope that someone, someday will have this same query - and in spite of the shameless lack of responses (bad ikea fans!) - I've got a bit of an update for you all.

Turns out that the Bredskar, like all sinks, has a skirt of about an inch around the perimeter to aid in mounting it above or underbench. Whilst no one at Ikea is capable of confirming it, this means that all listed dimensions for both the large and the small Bredskar sink bowl are actually two inches (50mm to the metric-savvy) smaller in each direction than it's listed specs - which include the skirt. In combination with the relatively shallow 7" (180mm) depth, the sink is considerably smaller than many other sinks available. Despite the skirt, the larger Bredskar is just too big to natively put in a 24" cabinet, although modifying a cabinet/cabinets to fit it should be as simple as notching out part of the side.

For me, the infinitely better option was to source another sink, and I was able to find a supplier 10 from the Ikea Homebush Sydney store who had a remarkably similar sink for $120 less than the small Bredskar, but which at 23 1/4" (590mm) contained a sink width of 21 1/4" (540mm) - fitting perfectly in my cabinet with less than 1/2 inch to spare. The extra inch depth also came in handy and still left room for the waste pipe to sit above my pull out bins. Take a peek at it here; Cube Square Single 540 Sink with Round Corner - Renovation D

Long story short - for anyone looking for the largest matching underbench sink for a 24" cabinet, keep an eye out for something measuring no more than 23 1/2" wide by 19" long (including skirts!) - and the bowl should fit perfect. Ebay had heaps...

Back to my kitchen renovation before every ounce of novelty value wears off...

Share |
rudigussett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 12, 8:37 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 328

Hi rudigusset,

Thanks for your post.

I am ordering a kitchen any day now, and only have a 50cm cabinet to drop a sink into.

I like the look of the Bredska, but there currently is supply issues for upto 8 weeks.

They dont show the smaller version that I ideally want which is a (52x46cm) 50cm internal width tapering down to 46cm at the base of the bowl. Here is the link the US version BREDSKÄR Single-bowl inset sink - 20 1/2x18 1/8 " - IKEA which is priced at US$255.

At Tempe this is price tagged at $289 (201.604.60) however the Renovation D unit is currently selling for $289 but at 540 internal width its just a tad too wide for my 50cm cabinet.

There are a few on ebay that look like they will fit the size i need. Plus i prefer the ones with the waste/overflow option too!

Share |

Last edited by GLOpro; Jul 15th, 12 at 4:44 pm..
GLOpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 12, 5:09 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 328

Well after waiting for other Ikea parts to come in, we will be changing from a 50cm cabinet to the 60cm cabinet and are now thinking about the biggest sink I can get in there,

The larger Ikea unit isnt set up to be flush mounted, so i may look at the RenovationD one you linked again.

Would you mind letting me know what under sink Bin system you are using?

Thanks

Share |
GLOpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment