Old Feb 21st, 12, 7:04 am   #1
Steph-a-nee
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 2,228
Gallery: 8
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: Akrum Adel Off White
Dish Drainer Rack in Cabinet above Sink

I saw two old threads about this, but neither had a conclusion, so I thought I'd ask again.

Any ideas on how to order or build a dish drainer built into the cabinet over the sink. I lived in Europe for a short time and my kitchen had one. It was open on the top for ventilation and open on the bottom so that the water would drain into the sink as the dishes sat on the rack in the cabinet.

Any ideas? I think I'm going to try to build one, but wanted to see if anyone else had tried first or knew how I could buy one.

Thanks!

Share |

Steph-a-nee is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Feb 21st, 12, 8:46 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 181,285
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Orlando
Doorstyle: Ramsjo BB

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

Re: Dish Drainer Rack in Cabinet above Sink

I've wondered if we North Americans could create one by replacing the bottom shelf in a wall cabinet with the kind of vinyl-coated wire shelving we buy for closets and pantries.

Share |
personalshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 12, 9:06 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 181,285
My IKEA: USA-Orlando
Doorstyle: Ramsjo BB

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

Found this picture and thought it might give you some ideas: You wash, I?ll dry ? but that?s a lot less work when I?ve got an open-air kitchen cabinet | Offbeat Home

Share |
personalshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 12, 12:58 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 98
My IKEA: Sweden-HaparandaTornio
Dish Drainer Rack in Cabinet above Sink

Dish draining closet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These are common in Finland. Maybe you can get an idea on how to make it work there with what you can buy in the states.

Share |
Emerald1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 12, 1:29 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 188,833
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: Cyprus-Verginas
I've been blogged!

There is one in the Faktum range, or at least there was one last year when I last built one.

It was stainless steel rack that replaced the bottom of the cupboard with a draining tray which could be removed.

Had a quick look on the UK site and couldn't see it though.

Share |
bigredbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
dish drainer in cabinet