LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jul 8th, 13, 3:37 pm   #1
mman
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 245
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-San Diego
Are Numerar Countertops being discontinued?

I'm in the final push of a kitchen remodel and went to pick up Numerar countertops. In souther CA they don't seem to be stocking any of the wood options. Does anyone have insight into whether this is a slowing or stopping of Numerar production?

Share |

mman is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Aug 12th, 13, 9:57 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 311
My IKEA: USA-Cincinnati:West Chester
Re: Are Numerar Countertops being discontinued?

I'm new to this site , but we are about to renovate our kitchen, and were hoping to use the Numerar countertop in Oak as well. I called to check stock in our closest store, and one customer service rep told me that the new product to replace the Numerar was called Akerby, and that it was almost identical to the Numerar. This is good news for us, but since the catalog isn't out yet, and it's not on their website, we have no way of viewing it. We have been told it is in stock at our nearest store, but that is an hour and a half away, so hopefully they will have it, we will like it, and can purchase it/bring it home that day. Hope that helps you some.

Share |
rhoehler16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 13, 2:05 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 3,204
Gallery: 10
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown
Doorstyle: Ramsjo Black-Brown,PAX,BILLY,BESTA

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

The planner is listing the oak as Akerby but the birch and beech are still Numerer.

Hope the quality hasn't changed!

Share |
tamarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 13, 8:29 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 146
My IKEA: USA-New Jersey:Paramus

doing my own kitchen reno right now and went to my Ikea (in Paramus NJ) and was told the Numerar was no longer and was replaced with the Akerby which isn't solid wood. it's particle board with wood veneer on top and bottom. looks ok but really not sure how it's going to cut?? any suggestions or ideas??

really not sure why they would discontinue such a popular item! it makes the kitchens they do look so much more upscale! sad about this.

Share |
mcatgarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 13, 10:06 am  
IKEAFANS Community Mentor

iKarma: 176,161
My IKEA: USA-Ft Lauderdale:Sunrise
Doorstyle: Stat or Lidi

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

I wouldn't touch something like that. Ikea isn't the only place to get butcher block, although it's often the cheapest. Check out lumber liquidators and any local resources. If you can spend a bit more, craft-art has beautiful DIY BB in many different woods:

DIY Butcher Block / Wood Countertops | Craft-Art

(Not sure that link will work properly. If not, just click DIY in the navigation panel on the left side of the page.)

EDIT I was just looking at the Swedish Ikea site, where all the new stuff for the Metod line is already available, and they do have new solid wood BB, too, in addition to the particleboard ones. So maybe those will be available here eventually.

Share |

Last edited by Harpy; Aug 18th, 13 at 5:09 pm..
Harpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 13, 8:08 pm  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 22,800
Gallery: 37
My IKEA: USA-Detroit:Canton
Doorstyle: Adel Birch (new style) 2010 kitchen and Ramsjo bl/br 2013 kitchen.

Bye Bye Numerar. We got beech for all of our counters in our latest project in April. It is not the quality of our Numerar birch in our 2010 kitchen. Perhaps they had a hard time getting a good supplier and gave up on it. Very poor sanding job on all of our pieces. And we returned one for a defect in the middle that affected both sides of the piece. Sad...In the new studd how do you make the ends look right?

Share |
wilkiepup is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment