No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Oct 29th, 07, 6:15 am   #1
janius
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: United Kingdom-London:Edmonton
Rubrik Green Kitchen

after an hour in a traffic jam leading to IKEA i raced upstairs to behold the new RUBRIK green kitchen. The only bit they had was a drawer facia so very difficult to imagine the whole concept. has anyone taken the plunge yet?

Share |

janius is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Oct 29th, 07, 9:54 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 14,055
Gallery: 127
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 8

Re: Rubrik Green Kitchen

Hi janius! Welcome to IKEAFANS!

I haven't heard of anyone here using the Rubrik Green yet. It's fairly new, and as Kitchen Planning has a fairly LONG rampup period, I suspect it will be a while before we see any finished kitchens with it as the doorstyle. We do have some with Rubrik White, Rubrik Black and the sadly departed Rubrik Turquoise...oh, how I love that door.

Susan

Share |
Old Oct 29th, 07, 9:55 pm  
IKEA addict

iKarma: 440
Gallery: 61
My IKEA: USA-New Jersey:Elizabeth

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 3

I've been blogged!

I was dreaming of a rubrik green kitchen. i ordered the doors (see my other thread) but eventually decided against it for 2 reasons:

1. you can't do all sizes in Rubrik green. it was going to be a challenge to get sink cabs, etc. i also wanted custom panels which you can't do with Rubrik

2. not sure i loved the aluminum edge all over.

Share |
Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 07, 2:05 am  
IKEA FAN

Gallery: 0
My IKEA: United Kingdom-London:Edmonton

It is very new here too. So it is guesswork as to how it will look.
I agree completely with your two reasons for choosing against it.
But i think i can work round the limited door fronts, using wooden doors for about 50% of the planned kitchen.
The aluminium frames are not my cup of tea either, but i think that they will blend in ok with stainless steel appliances.
I have a very big space to fill up with kitchen! about 30' long on two sides of wide galley shape - I have looked at and priced up so many kitchens from other sources that the IKEA option is really the only affordable one,
To widen the space i am using base and wall cupboards on one side and base only on the other. All fridges, hoods, cookers going on one side and only the sink on the other to maximise the feeling of space. it is going to cost a fortune!
And i cant use white anywhere because the kitchen area is between two open plan areas where white would be far too stark. oh decisions, decisions... my head is full of them. We are in the process of doing up a four bedroom Victorian house from scratch. Lucky my other half is a builder!!!

Share |
janius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 07, 8:51 am  
IKEA FANatic

Gallery: 11
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:College Park
Doorstyle: Akurum/Applad White Rubrik White

I love the Rubrik Green doors. I wish I had a way to use them in my kitchen. If I did, I would use them as accents though, like the other glass door styles. There is a great picture of a Rubrik Green kitchen in the 2008 kitchen catalogue.

Share |
dcmerger is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment