Comment

LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Feb 16th, 08, 8:07 pm   #1
anmns
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 7
Pictures of Ikea Kitchens with White Appliances?

I have been having a hard time picturing any of the Ikea cabinets with the white appliances that we already have. It seems like every picture I see has Stainless Steel Appliances! I am considering the Adel Medium Brown but I worry what that would look like with our existing appliances.

Does anyone have any pictures of their Ikea kitchens with white appliances that they could share?

Thanks,

Amy

Share |

anmns is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Feb 16th, 08, 9:46 pm  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 1,253
Gallery: 3
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Burbank
Doorstyle: Nexus Yellow Brown

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

Re: Pictures of Ikea Kitchens with White Appliances?

Hi there - We did Nexus Yellow Brown with white appliances and you can find photos in my blog.

I also wanted to show you this photo that convinced me to go with white appliances (even though these are white with white cabinets and not Ikea, but could easily be done with Abstrakt). This photo is from a 2006 issue of Domino.

Share |

Last edited by MonicaE; Feb 16th, 08 at 9:56 pm..
MonicaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 08, 10:08 pm  

iKarma: 12,759
Gallery: 22
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Burlington
Doorstyle: Adel White

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 9

I've been blogged!

Hi,
I have a photo of an Adel White with white appliances I did in a house I was selling.

You can see it here:

New Adel White Ikea Kitchen - Kitchens - Rate My Space - HGTV

Share |
dalbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 08, 10:29 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 130
My IKEA: USA-Chicago:Bolingbrook
Doorstyle: Kalsebo

Hi - We just finished a Kalsebo kitchen and our appliances are white. I have some in progress pics up where you can see the stove, but you don't get the full effect. I'll try to post some more tonight so that you can see how it looks. If you choose the right finishes it can work really well. While I love the look of stainless steel in pictures, the white is much easier to keep clean in my opinion, and it's easier to match the finish should you have to replace a certain appliance down the road. Also cheaper, if that's a factor

Share |
~megan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 08, 12:23 pm  

iKarma: 40,050
Gallery: 34
My IKEA: USA-West Sacramento
Doorstyle: Adel Birch

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

I've been blogged!

My kitchen has Adel Birch cabinets with white appliances and a white sink - you can see photos in my blog - links are to the left. I think that the Adel MB would be fine with white appliances - stainless appliances are definitely the IN thing right now - that and LOTS of granite!

Doreen

Share |

IKEAFANS Needs Your Help - Right NOW
dafogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 08, 12:13 pm  
IKEA FAN

Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: Adel MB

Hi Amy!

I was wondering what you decided. I am having the exact same question about Adel MB cabinets with my white appliances. I don't know how it would look

Did you find anything?

Thanks!

Share |
beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 08, 12:41 pm  

iKarma: 156,240
Gallery: 21
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:East Palo Alto
Doorstyle: stat white

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor 
Total Awards: 9

I've been blogged!

Lately white has been the least popular appliance color and stainless the most, so naturally you're not going to see many examples but that doesn't mean you can't make it look great! Have you seen MonicaE's Nexus Yellow Brown kitchen with white appliances? IKEAFANS - Appliances are in and we have water
The wood is also medium tone and the combination looks great!

Share |
NBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 08, 12:33 pm  
Installer

My IKEA: USA-Phoenix:Tempe
Here ya go....

Here's one I'm working on right now with ADEL medium brown and white appliances....

Click for larger version
Here ya go.... 
Click for larger version
Here ya go.... 

The sink in this one is still almond but I think the white appliances look pretty good.

Share |
Jim Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 08, 6:48 pm  
IKEA FAN

My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge

I had the same question/difficulty finding pictures of Ikea Adel medium brown cabinets and white appliances.

My place came with new white appliances. I couldn't see replacing them when they were practically new. Besides I am not a big fan of stainless steel. Fingerprints and its not magnetic... and doesn't wear as well as white appliances.

I just wanted to upgrade the cabinets and countertop. I chose Silestone. It actually, to my surprise, was more expensive than granite. But the Silestone is a better fit for my lifestyle.

Here are some pics. Its a small U shaped kitchen. Total cost around $5500. Working on a backsplash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0774.JPG (128.0 KB, 243 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0766.JPG (149.5 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0673.JPG (188.7 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0751.JPG (144.3 KB, 128 views)

Share |
merlynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 08, 7:27 pm  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 310
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Doorstyle: Lidingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlynda View Post
Here are some pics.
Love that last picture. We have the same IkEA lazy susans in our corner cabinets, but no liquor!

Share |
reefer is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
abstrakt , akurum , faktum