iKarma: 350
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

24" Base Cabinets with Drawers

Greetings,
I am just starting to plan a kitchen redo and have found the information on this site very helpful as I dig in. Thank you so much.

My question--has anybody noticed that some of the 24" base cabinets seem to have been phased out? They are still in the planner, of course, but when I looked on the IKEA site I noticed that both the 3 and 4 drawer ones show as not available and neither are they in the 2009 catalog.

I did talk with someone in the Woodbridge kitchen section and she assured me that they still exist. I would like to believe her but I am skeptical.

Thanks for any information.

Susan

Share |

carybrevard is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Aug 21st, 08, 8:11 pm  
IKEA FANS fan!

iKarma: 41,994
Gallery: 174
My IKEA: USA-Minneapolis:Twin Cities
Doorstyle: Nexus Yellow Brown

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 12

I've been blogged!
Re: 24" Base Cabinets with Drawers

Hi and Welcome to IKEAFANS!

Well, the IKEA website means well, but it's frequently mistaken. I would only use the IKEA kitchen catalog as a guide- but I don't have it yet, and while the main IKEA catalog invites you to see the 90 page IKEA kitchen brochure (big for a brochure, but okay) on the site, but of course the only online catalog or brochure currently available...is the main IKEA catalog.

It's a conundrum which is painfully prevalent.

So- I don't know. Anyone else know if this is still available?

Share |
kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 08, 8:36 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 6,304
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Etobicoke

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly View Post
Anyone else know if this is still available?
Hey there,

Yes, the 24" three drawer unit is available, and you can create a four drawer unit by purchasing an extra shallow drawer and drawer front, discarding the deepest front from the two-pack of 24" deep fronts.

Share |
Old Aug 21st, 08, 10:08 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 350
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

Great news--thanks so much, folks.

Now back to the planner. I will return when I am far enough along to ask for your very helpful feedback. Certainly by that time I will have totally figured out how to avoid the Chagall-like floating cabinets.

Susan

Share |
carybrevard is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
ikea catalog