IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 26,331
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: Spain-Malaga
Doorstyle: Stat, Lidingo

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

Personlig made to measure counter tops (Netherlands)

In the Ikea in Amsterdam I noticed an addition to the Personlig range of made-to-measure countertops: tempered glass!! Available both as countertop and backsplash. It is a clear glass with that typical greenish sheen to it. Very pretty and exactly what I had in mind for my future kitchen. I can only hope Ikea will sell this option in Spain as well.

Petra

Share |

Petra66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Aug 20th, 09, 6:04 am  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 18,267
Gallery: 77
My IKEA: France-Paris:Villiers sur Marne
Doorstyle: Faktum, Abstrakt white, Tidaholm trim

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 

I've been blogged!
Re: Personlig made to measure counter tops (Netherlands)

These tempered glass Personlig countertops (and backsplashes) are also available here in Paris but only at the Vélizy '100% cuisines' (kitchens-only) Ikea, and not the other 5 or so in the Paris region. I think each store must contract separately with a supplier to offer this additional countertop which is not in the Ikea catalog.

Share |
albertsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 09, 1:59 pm  
Administrator

iKarma: 220,316
Gallery: 1457
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 3

Ooooh, how exciting! Welcome to IKEAFANS, and thanks for sharing! Any pictures? That would be fabulous to see.

Albertsok - 100% kitchens? An entire IKEA of just kitchens? Is there a website for this store? I'm intrigued.

Susan

Share |
Old Aug 20th, 09, 2:43 pm  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 18,267
Gallery: 77
My IKEA: France-Paris:Villiers sur Marne
Doorstyle: Faktum, Abstrakt white, Tidaholm trim

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 

I've been blogged!

Here's the website for IKEA Vélizy cuisines.

It's smaller and much quieter and calmer than a regular IKEA (it used to be a Habitat, a higher-end mass market furniture store), but it's the biggest kitchen showroom I've ever seen. Virtually all of the IKEA door styles, countertops, accessories, and appliances are visible in one of the 40 display kitchens ( Faktum only of course). They stock for immediate delivery all of the door styles and all of the appliances, as well as dining room tables and chairs. They also offer a cut-to-size while-you-wait service for cover panels and laminate countertops, as well as some exclusives like the glass Personlig countertops and backsplashes. It opened in 2008 as the 6th IKEA in the Paris suburbs.

Kind of an Ikeafans paradise, non?

Here's an article from Côté Maison about the store with a slideshow (click on 'diaporama') of some of the display kitchens from 2008.

Share |

Last edited by albertsok; Aug 21st, 09 at 2:01 am..
albertsok is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
backsplash , countertop , europe , glass