No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Sep 8th, 09, 12:49 pm   #1
Lilybuggy
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 6,507
Gallery: 0
Shelf Genie?

Hello,

I went to the Home/Design Show this weekend and I saw this really cool contraption for the blind corner cabinets. It is a system of three roll out shelves. It was very cool and appear to be a smooth mechanism. It is from Shelf Genie? Anyone heard of this? Used it? I am not a fan of the lazy susan and my kitchen is practically all corner!

Share |

Lilybuggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Sep 8th, 09, 6:35 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 22,858
Gallery: 7
My IKEA: USA-Orlando
Doorstyle: Tidaholm

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 2

I've been blogged!
Re: Shelf Genie?

Not quite sure what you're linking to at the No Limits Construction site. Some very nice projects in their portfolio.

Share |
Dave of the Coonties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 09, 6:54 pm  
AKA: DulcineaK
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 120,701
Gallery: 110
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: Rubrik Turq, Fagerland, Tida BB and more!

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 10

I've been blogged!

i googled shelf genie so i know what you're looking at. how much is this thing? it looks even more difficult to get into than the Lee Valley unit (which i dislike )

cost would be a major factor in this decision for me.

Share |
Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 09, 6:56 pm  
IKEAFANS Community Mentor

iKarma: 167,456
My IKEA: USA-Ft Lauderdale:Sunrise
Doorstyle: Stat or Lidi

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

Yeah, Shelf Genie is a company that does custom rollouts. It's not like you can just go to a website and order it and install it yourself like the Lee Valley blind corner units.

Share |
Harpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 09, 9:52 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 6,507

Sorry, I didn't link to site bc I didn't even realize there was one. I saw it at the home show. I thought it looked good and not difficult to get to. It had a very smooth mechanism, but looking at the site, it looks like its custom drawers for all types of cabinets/drawers. I can't imagine how much they would charge to come out and do just two corner cabs.

Share |
Lilybuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 09, 1:03 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 227
Exclamation Re: Shelf Genie?

The Shelf Genie is a good custom fit system, but can be expensive. I priced a Shelf Genie install for my kitchen cabinets through one of their franchise dealers and a local company that offered the exact same product (actually, the pull out drawers from the local company had dovetailed corners, not ones nailed together). The local company was almost 40% cheaper! It pays to shop around.

Share |
SportyMom237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 11, 2:06 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 579

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyMom237 View Post
The Shelf Genie is a good custom fit system, but can be expensive. I priced a Shelf Genie install for my kitchen cabinets through one of their franchise dealers and a local company that offered the exact same product (actually, the pull out drawers from the local company had dovetailed corners, not ones nailed together). The local company was almost 40% cheaper! It pays to shop around.
I tried to go with the "cheaper" guys, pull-out something. They gave me 2 drawers that fell apart for $300, and they could not do the corner.

Shelf Genie came out and did the corner and the rest of the cabinets as well. They even replaced the crappy 3/4 extension rails with full extension ones and gave me a lifetime warranty on the whole job. It was not cheap, but why have a pull-out shelf if it does not work. Save your money or get the good ones.

Share |
IKEAManAndy is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
shelf genie