LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Feb 22nd, 10, 6:26 pm   #1
klcampo
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 5,132
Gallery: 41
My IKEA: USA-Dallas:Frisco
What are the exact measurements of the blind corner cabinet door & drawer?

I just got the craigslist deal of the decade ( IMHO ). A full set of frameless kitchen cabinets complete with granite counters and full granite backsplashes for $1500. A kitchen design store went out of business leaving all the display kitchens behind. The landlord was selling off the kitchens to recoup some of the lost rent and saving on the cost of hiring out the deconstruction. DH and had to take them down ourselves in a hurry, but we got through. Now they're living in my garage until I can re-work my kitchen design. It's a little more traditional than I like, but hey, for $1500 I can live with it.

The display kitchen was a 14' x 14' U shape. My kitchen is an 11 x 12 L shape. Luckily, the boxes were all standard sizes.

I'm trying to figure out the size of the door and drawer on an IKEA blind corner cabinet. I think the BC will work better in my space than the corner/lazy susan combination it came with. I'm hoping I have the equivalent size door/drawer combo in the group I just bought.

Click for larger version
Click for larger version

Thanks!
Kathe

Share |

klcampo is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Feb 23rd, 10, 7:30 am  
Formerly cecfconsult

iKarma: 90,542
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-New Haven
Doorstyle: ALL- I'm a designer.

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

I've been blogged!
Re: What are the exact measurements of the blind corner cabinet door & drawer?

In the IKEA cabinets the door and drawer for the 49" blind corner are the same used on the 21" cabinets.... while I don't know if they are *Exactly* 21", I'll bet since you can "pull" that cabinet out from the corner you may have more flexibility than you think w / the door and drawer.

One of the install pros here could say for sure, I think they hang out around the modifications forum.....

Good luck!

Share |
I-PIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 10, 8:30 am  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 5,132
Gallery: 41
My IKEA: USA-Dallas:Frisco

Cecfconsult, thanks for the info. I see your point about pulling it away from the wall. I was thinking about attaching a small piece of luan to the end of the door to make it into a false filler. My current cabinets have this on a few of the uppers, but your idea is soooo much simpler.

I'll need to check to see if I have anything remotely close in width. I think all the bases I have were either drawers or one drawer, 2 doors.

Hmmmm.

Share |
Old Feb 23rd, 10, 9:40 am  
Formerly cecfconsult

iKarma: 90,542
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-New Haven
Doorstyle: ALL- I'm a designer.

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

I've been blogged!

What is width of that door on the angled base cabinet? any chance of using that? I know it means no drawer, but maybe you could wangle some kind of interior pull-out drawer there instead?

Share |
I-PIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment