No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Sep 12th, 10, 11:43 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 11,742
Gallery: 1
My IKEA: USA-New Jersey:Paramus
Doorstyle: Adel
Re: 45 degree angle kitchen, what to do???

Much better with the fridge there. I can't believe you squeezed everything in! And you have that bar space for prep and eating. Good job!

I like personalshopper's idea to swap the sink and washing machine. One thing to keep in mind if you move the MW with the sink: If you position the MW above the draining board and not above the sink itself you could maybe shorten the cabinet above the sink and give yourself a bit of head room for when you are standing there doing the washing up (because I just realized there is no dishwasher - which is just as well because if you had to fit one of those in as well you'd have no storage space left!)

BTW , I lived in Malaysia as a young child. Don't remember much and I can't be sure that what I do remember isn't just what I've been told by my parents. But I always had a vivid memory of a strange fruit (like a lychee but different taste, with soft spines on the outside) that was not available in the dreary British supermarkets of the 1970s. Then in the 1980s food got a bit more interesting in the UK and I discovered a rambutan in the supermarket. That was it! I knew as soon as I tasted it.

Share |
donaldsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 10, 11:51 am  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 24,317
Gallery: 52
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: Nexus Brown-Black/Abstrakt White

I'd love to see some screen shots or a PDF of the latest plan. I'mtraveling and can't open planner files.
Posted via Mobile Device

Share |
karen51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 10, 2:47 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 644
Gallery: 4

Oh, can't you see the screenshots attached in the post?

Donald - hehe, yes rambutan. I love it!

Share |
chaudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 10, 4:00 am  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 24,317
Gallery: 52
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: Nexus Brown-Black/Abstrakt White

I was using a friend's iPad and my blackberry, and neither showed the attachments. This computer does though.

The new arrangement is better, but I am still concerned about the space in the back of the kitchen. It doesn't look as if the refrigerator or the washer-dryer will open fully. Will the W /D be one of those European ones that does both things in the same appliance or will it be a stacked unit? Or just a washer, no dryer?

If it's a single washer or W/D, I would move it next to the sink, probably into the position closest to the living room. I would put shallow pantries across from the refrigerator. I don't think you have enough space for full depth there.

Before doing anything though, I would take a look at apartmenttherapy.com and google small/tiny/micro or miniscule kitchens to see how other people have handled small spaces.

I can't believe the person who designed this apartment has ever cooked, even with tiny apartment-sized appliances.

Share |

Last edited by karen51; Sep 13th, 10 at 4:01 am.. Reason: awkward phrasing
karen51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 11, 1:44 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 84
Gallery: 0

I would first tear out the wall that seperates the kitchen from the fridge, it is really limiting what can be done, then re-access

Share |
suddern is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
fridge , kitchen cabinet