LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jan 14th, 06, 11:10 pm   #1
DianeB
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Dallas:Frisco
Hi everyone! Hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction for what I need.

I have a counter height two shelf bookcase at the end of my base cabinets. There is an open space across the top - kindof like an drawer space w /no drawer - that placemats, etc. are stored in.

In the new design we are going to use Adel Med Brown doors and want to keep something like this piece and extend the countertop over it. Can you think of a way to modify a cabinet or something so it will work? I can't get the pic to compress enough but you can look at http://www.oldtiredkitchen.shutterfly.comto see an existing picture.It's the area under the pot rack labeled "more East wall and window."

Thanks! Diane

Share |

DianeB is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jan 15th, 06, 8:46 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 6,125
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Etobicoke

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 15

There is a open end shelf available called Perfekt (in med. brown) which is 12" wide and 24" deep, designed for the end of a cabinet run - the countertop extends over it. It has three fixed shelves and the front corner is cut back on an angle (to 'soften' the end of the counter).Â*

Share |
Old Jan 15th, 06, 8:51 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 13,955
Gallery: 127
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 8

DianeB - Check the regular IKEA line for Billy bookcases. There is (I think) a medium brown finish that will match your Adel MB nicely. Look at evaperconti's kitchen in Before and After or Finished Galleries -- she has full-height Billies, but they have a number of different heights. Alternatively, you could use a 24" wide (I assume) wall cabinet with no doors. This is one of the great things about IKEA -- versatility. Have fun!

Susan

Share |

Comment