LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Mar 19th, 12, 9:10 pm   #1
Phasma Felis
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 520
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Cincinnati:West Chester
Mounting a magnetic knife rack on a metal fridge?

Looking at the assembly guides on the website, it seems as if the Asker and Grundtal magnetic knife racks consist of a backplate that can be screwed into wood and a large, unadorned bar magnet that attaches magnetically to the backplate. This is perfect for me, as I want to magnetically attach a knife rack to the side of my fridge without having to drill anything. Can anyone confirm that they can be used this way? Thanks!

Share |

Phasma Felis is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 20th, 12, 1:15 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 216,618
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: Mounting a magnetic knife rack on a metal fridge?

You can absolutely use these on the side of your fridge, but I would avoid putting any holes in the side of the appliance. In order to keep the bars straight, stable, etc., you might want to try small pieces of double face tape at the ends.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment