No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old May 2nd, 12, 5:42 pm   #1
DougA
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 774
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Philadelphia:Conshohocken
Doorstyle: Akurum/Lidingo
How to LIGHTEN Lagan - Pronomen - Numerar beech countertop?

Hello Everyone,

The Subject pretty much says it all. We are installing Lagan kitchen countertops in a Lidingo/ Akurum kitchen. We would like to lighten the beech or do something to make it lighter. We have used it in another kitchen (when it was called Pronomen) with a Waterlox finish (which does work well), but we're looking for something different. Perhaps marbleizing it?

Any suggestions?

By the way, for using Waterlox, we put three coats of the regular Waterlox and two coats of the satin finish Waterlox, letting it dry overnight for each (out in the back yard, stinky stuff). We also found out that it is sensitive to ammonia, but that was the only thing that could make a mark on it, and even that wasn't very noticeable.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Doug and Susan

Share |

DougA is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old May 4th, 12, 8:06 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 8,361
Gallery: 18
My IKEA: USA-New Haven
Doorstyle: Stat, Nexus, Lidingo, Avsikt, Fagerland, Abstrakt
Re: How to LIGHTEN Lagan - Pronomen - Numerar beech countertop?

Hi,

My 1st suggestion is to buy a small piece for testing, and maybe cut it into smaller test pieces. A fresh sanding followed by a fresh coat of salad bowl wax could lighten it some.

I have a customer who uses this on her oak tops, and they are pretty light, and wear well. I do not know the name of the stuff though. I could ask her.

I would experiment with a bleach mix as well, why not?

Pat

Share |
Patinstall is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment