Old Apr 5th, 07, 10:28 am  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 310
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Doorstyle: Lidingo
Quote:
Originally Posted by torrus View Post
I don't agree with Stoughton - the high-gloss deco strip is for Abstrakt White (art# 000.675.85) - the regular white (contoured or rounded) is for Applad White, Stat and Lidingo...Adel White is different again. Sorry not to have the art# for the rounded deco strip .
Sorry, I shouldn't have said "high gloss white". I was paraphrasing, poor choice of words.

They said the rounded deco strip I had (240.783.10) was the only one for Lidingo. If I wanted something that matched the doors, I needed the countered (500.918.99), which is what I ended up with.

So you're saying there is a "regular gloss white" that should be available.

OK, looking at the IKEA website (I know it's not the best), but I see

PERFEKT DUVBO, 500.918.99, white (which I now have)
PERFEKT ABSTRAKT, 000.67.585, finish white
PERFEKT ABSTRAKT, 446.034.10, white

The 000.67.585 is a Melamine foil (and $37), whereas the 446.034.10 is $20 (same as the 240.783.10 I got originally) and says "Fiberboard, Polypropylene, Polyester paint"

So it looks like it's the 446.034.10 that I need. And of course it is out of stock in Stoughton. Grrrr.....

Because my cabinents are flush with the ceiling, this deco strip is holding up my whole install.

(I just checked the IKEA Canada site, same part numbers, they just call Finish White "Foil White").

Share |
reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 07, 10:35 am  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 310
Doorstyle: Lidingo
Assuming I can't get the correct rounded deco strip in a timely manner, does anyone think it's doable to trim off 1/4" from the contoured deco strip? I would need to rent/borrow a table saw.

I suppose I could also move the rails. The height is perfect for 3/4" rounded. Pain in the $$#!@$#!@. It would also push the height between my cabinets and countertop to 17" even. (Was 17 1/2")

Share |
reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 07, 4:02 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 6,282
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Etobicoke

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 15

You can certainly trim the contured deco strip - use a 80+ tooth blade...I will try to check later today for the correct article number.

Share |
Old Apr 5th, 07, 4:10 pm  
AKA: DulcineaK
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 120,751
Gallery: 110
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: Rubrik Turq, Fagerland, Tida BB and more!

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 10

I've been blogged!
i always buy the "finish white" for my stat and lidi

Share |
Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 07, 9:23 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 

The correct art.# is 446.034.10 - as you stated .

Hopefully Stoughton will now be aware of the different 'whites'.

Share |
Old May 28th, 07, 9:40 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 200
Gallery: 21
Doorstyle: ADEL White

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

Re: Different shade of white bewteen Lidingo door and Perfekt deco strip?

Hi there,

I am installing an ADEL White kitchen and the deco strip I received does not match the door. It is ARTICLE # 446.034.10

After reading this post, it looks like there may be a deco strip that matches ADEL White. Is it 240.783.10 ? I am a little confused after seeing all the different article numbers for white listed in this post. I would like to verify that this is the rounded deco strip for ADEL white before I re-order it.

Thanks,
Heather

Share |
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 07, 9:48 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

LBG Adoptions

Re: Different shade of white bewteen Lidingo door and Perfekt deco strip?

The correct Adel White deco strip is # 240.783.10

Share |

Comment

Tags
abstrakt , akurum , faktum