LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Mar 21st, 13, 11:57 am   #1
NaturalMama
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 3,545
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:College Park
Interior dimensions on a 12" base cabinet drawer?

Is there a rule of thumb for knowing what the interior measurements of the drawers are for the various cabinets, ie . X inches less than the exterior measurements? I want to know the front to back measurements AND the side-to-side measurements for the drawers. I found something saying it's 19 3/4" front to back for the 24" deep, but what about the 12" deep?
What to subract, front-to-back for the interiors of the shelves, would be helpful, too.
Sorry if there's already a post/thread on this subject.

Share |

NaturalMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 21st, 13, 12:30 pm  
DAP
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 6,021
Re: Interior dimensions on a 12" base cabinet drawer?

http://www.ikeafans.com/articles/pla...surements.html

Share |
DAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 13, 1:19 pm  
IKEA FAN

Thanks for the link. Maybe I'm missing it, but in the article for which you provided the link, there are no measurements for the interiors of the 12" deep, from front to back, base cabinet drawers.

The part where he is talking about "Drawer fronts", he says "All shallow (front to back) drawers = 6 1/4 height". That is unclear to me, but I believe he is using shallow and deep in the vertical sense, not the horizontal sense.

That being said, does anyone HAVE 12" long (front to back) cabinets with drawers, who can just give me a quick measurement of the actual drawers' (front to back) length? I assume that the depths of the drawers (top to bottom) is the same as the 24" long (front to back) cabinets.

Share |
Old Jul 8th, 13, 1:18 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 8,312
Gallery: 1
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown

RATIONELL Deep fully-extending drawer+damper - 15x12 " - IKEA

Share |
aiwei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 13, 9:52 am  
IKEA FAN

Thanks for the link, but it shows the EXTERIOR dimensions of the drawer.

Yesterday, I went to the store and measured it myself. Let it be known, it is 9 5/8" from front to back, on the INSIDE of the drawer. Now everyone will know whether their stuff will fit, without having to go to the store.

Share |

Comment