No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Mar 31st, 13, 10:18 am   #1
KBizzl
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 250
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Pittsburgh
39" Oak Butcher Blocks discontinued.

Hi there. I'm new to this site but have already found it INCREDIBLY helpful in planning our Ikea kitchen. Here is my current issue. Hoping for some ideas.

We are planning to install the oak butcher block countertops. We have a bar section at the end of one row of counters that requires the wider, 39" BB. BUT, I called yesterday and they are discontinuing this size! The closest store that still has a section of the oak is outside of Chicago and that's eight hours away (we are in SE Ohio). We really want the dark look of the oak but may have to settle for beech.
I've read you can stain bB with natural things like coffe and tea, but we don't want to Waterlox or permanently seal them because we like the somewhat distressed, antique look they will have with use. My questions are this:
Would Ikea ship to another store without a huge shipping cost? The closest to us is Pittsburgh .
What can we do to make the beech countertops darker that doesn't involve a Waterlox like material?

Thanks in advance!
Kelley

Share |

KBizzl is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Comment

Tags
beech , butcher block , oak , shipping fees