No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Oct 5th, 13, 3:40 pm   #1
KitchenRemodel1941
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 482
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Carson
New Metod cabinets arrive in US when?

Just posted this but realized this might be the more appropriate place to post. The Metod line has already replaced the Akurum line in Sweden and it looks like a huge improvement! I am planning on a new kitchen but am willing to wait for the new Metod line if we can get a straight answer as to when it will arrive in the US. Has anyone heard?

Below is the link to the Metod line.

Kök, vitvaror och köksutrustning - IKEA

Share |

KitchenRemodel1941 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Oct 5th, 13, 3:59 pm  
Tux
IKEA holic

iKarma: 61,293
Gallery: 4
My IKEA: Germany-Frankfurt:Nieder-Eschback
I've been blogged!
Re: New Metod cabinets arrive in US when?

Faktum to be replaced with Metod

Share |
Tux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 13, 4:21 pm  
IKEA FAN

Tux,
Thanks. Read that thread also but doesn't help as some folks have heard April 2014 and some have heard 2015. Wondering if anyone has info to confirm or deny those dates?

Share |
Old Oct 6th, 13, 7:45 am  
Tux
IKEA holic

I've been blogged!

Look where the people are from. All dates in 2014 refer to the UK , there is only one information for the US - that's 2015.

Share |
Old Oct 15th, 13, 6:42 pm  
IKEA FAN

Finally made it to my local Ikea and the kitchen sales person there said new system will arrive in fall of 2014. He said it will not work with Akurum system, which leaves me wondering how they will be able to honor a 25 year warranty, as at some point, I assume they will discontinue manufacturing Akurum parts.

Share |
Old Oct 18th, 13, 4:37 pm  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 37,953
Gallery: 17
My IKEA: USA-New York:Hicksville
Doorstyle: Abstrakt white, rubrik white

I've been wondering about this, too, KR1941.... part of the reason I was so confident buying an IKEA kitchen was the warranty - but now, with Metod replacing Akurum in a year or two, I'm not sure where that leaves those of us who already installed IKEA kitchens. If Metod doesn't work with Akurum size-wise, I probably will never be able to change doors like I had hoped - I guess we'll just have to wait and see how they handle it, as time goes on.

Share |
corrypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 13, 4:09 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 2,109
Gallery: 1
Doorstyle: Abstrakt, Rubrik, avsikt

Just found this page on Ikea Sweden website, it talks about FAKTUM warranty. It's in Swedish but you can use Google Translate: FAKTUM kompletterande delar - Kök - IKEA

It says something like this: Supplement your existing FAKTUM kitchen system

After more than 20 years of production, we now replace FAKTUM kitchen system with the new cooking system METHOD. We stand by the quality of our products and therefore continue our FAKTUM warranty. Visit our kitchen department page to see our new METHOD kitchen or learn more about the transition in METHOD / FAKTUM questions and answers.

How do I know if I have a FAKTUM kitchen?
If you do not know which type of IKEA kitchen you have a look at the holes in cabinet: FAKTUM cabinets have a single row of holes along the edge while METHOD cabinets have a double row.

Need any part for your FAKTUM kitchen?
You can still order additional parts to your FAKTUM kitchen. Use the product lists on the right to find the correct part number for the product you want. Once you have found the correct part number, you can contact us on 0775-700 500th

How do I use FAKTUM warranty?
All FAKTUM kitchen sold with warranty. If you want to use your warranty, be sure to have your receipt ready when you contact IKEA. If you know the part number of the product you want to claim warranty on, so it helps us to make the process even smoother. You'll find the FAKTUM the part number in the product lists on the right.

Share |
mobelfakta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 14, 9:35 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 1,402
My IKEA: USA-Seattle:Renton

any more news from anyone about Metod starting in USA ? Ive even read speculation that it will not come here. any news? I have to remodel this year so I'm one of the ones in limbo- Id rather have the new system

Share |
josiepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 14, 11:52 am  
Tux
IKEA holic

I've been blogged!

METOD replacing AKURUM too

Share |

Comment