Old Apr 25th, 07, 2:55 pm   #1
shack
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 100
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Doorstyle: nexus birch,
Store glasses in base cabinet drawers?

This is my first post. Great site; very helpful community here!

I am putting in Ikea kitchen cabinets and am really sold on having drawers or pullouts versus doors/fixed shelves. ( I have only a few upper cabs. planned.)

Is there anyone who is storing glasses in drawers? If so, are specific widths preferable or more efficient for storage over others? At Ikea I was recommended to use a 15" drawer for glasses. The possibilities for me are 15, 18, or 30" drawers.

I am thinking of using rationelle dividers for corraling glasses.

Share |

shack is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Apr 25th, 07, 3:50 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 43,014
Gallery: 88
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Doorstyle: Stat White

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 4

Re: Store glasses in base cabinet drawers?

shack,

I don't have glasses in drawers, but I think that you'd be happiest with the wider drawers for as much storage as you can. The wider drawers allow you to store the widest variety of things. For instance, you'll get alot more into 1 30" drawer than 2 15", especially if you can use the dividers to separate your space.

I do have plates and bowls in the drawers, and love it, so I imagine glasses would be equally great.

Kristen

Share |
kisaacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 07, 6:11 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 15,158
Gallery: 102

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

Re: Store glasses in base cabinet drawers?

Hi shack, and welcome!

At the bottom of this page is a link to a thread about glasses in drawers that has a great picture of this. I'll put the link here too for convenience: Glasses in drawers?

Best wishes,
Gloria

Share |
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment