No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Aug 21st, 07, 9:36 am   #1
dianas83
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
dishwasher next to stove

Hi there!

I am currently in the middle of putting together my new kitchen and have run into a snag. I have to say that I was a little disappointed in the help we didn't receive from the staff at Ikea, granted it was very busy every time we were there. They pretty much just put in the order for us and didn't really even look at the design and whether it would work or not. I just wish that i would have found this sight sooner. We are finding ourselves running into a couple of snags and not sure what to do as we have already installed half of the cabinets. I wish that someone qualified would have had a look at our design prior to us buying the cabinets. Anyway, here's my problem, We have a dishwasher right next to the stove, I didn't even think until recently about how that is supposed to work with the countertop?? The countertop needs to sit on something. Luckily we have about 2 inches to play with on the end of the cabinets so they can always be moved over to accomodate something for the countertop to rest on, but i have never installed a countertop before and would like to know if anyone out there can help me. What should I use to brace the countertop between dishwasher and stove??
Thanks!!

Share |

dianas83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Aug 21st, 07, 10:19 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 43,014
Gallery: 88
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Doorstyle: Stat White

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 4

Re: dishwasher next to stove

Good news - no reason to panic! Here's an article that should tell you just what to do:

How to install a dishwasher at the end of a cabinet run

Kristen

Share |
kisaacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 07, 10:32 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
Smile Re: dishwasher next to stove

thank you so much Kristen!!

Share |
dianas83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 07, 2:55 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 3,808
Gallery: 77
My IKEA: USA-New York:Brooklyn
Doorstyle: Stat White

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor 
Total Awards: 6

Re: dishwasher next to stove

Dianas83,
Welcome to IKEAFANS!!! We're glad you found us - better late than never, right? Actually, it's never too late to find us. There are so many wonderful people here that are willing to help (as evidenced by kisaacs help) at any point for whatever you need.

Please don't hesitate to come back and ask for any help you may need during your install. I know you're already putting your cabinets in, but since IKEA is a componenet system, you may be given ideas that you may still incorporate at this point and will appreciate once your kitchen starts kicking meals.

Share |
madp67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment