LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Nov 6th, 08, 3:39 pm   #1
davidperezf
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 300
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Spain-Madrid:Vallecas
Lack coffee table, how much weight support?

Hi,

I've got the lack coffee table, not the large one, but the medium sized one, and I'm thinking of usinf TEMPORARIRY (one month or so) as a TV stand for new LCD 32" I'm buying tomorrow. The LCD TV is said to weight about 12 kg (about 26 lb).

Do you think the lack table will stand for one month supporting the LCD? I'm concerned about it and would not really want the lack table to get broken and the LCD to fall on the floor and get broken too... but yes, I know there are some cheapo TV stands at ikea but believe me, this month my budget is completely gone!! that's why I would only use the coffee table as tv stand for approx. one month, not more long.

I must say, if anyone is sure about it, I rather prefer to leave the TV on the floor than on the risky lack coffee table

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice and help !!!!

cheers,

david, from spain

Share |

davidperezf is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Nov 6th, 08, 5:21 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
My IKEA: USA-Cincinnati:West Chester
Re: Lack coffee table, how much weight support?

I think it should be fine. A 32 LCD isn't that heavy, and a medium sized Lack will be able to hold it. I've used the same size table to hold a 30 in monitor and some other things and it held up no problem.

Share |
notation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 08, 1:58 am  
IKEA FAN

My IKEA: USA-West Sacramento

My boyfriend uses the white LACK coffee table (the one that was 29.99) as a tv stand for his lcd. I'm not sure the exact measurement, but I think his tv is also a 32" or maybe the next size up. But it works extremely well since his PS3 and HDTV box fits very nicely below on the shelf.

So far, it's been over a year, and no problems so far.

When you build the coffee table, it's a pretty sturdy one.

Share |
cgui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 08, 7:04 am  
Frankenfingers

iKarma: 84,382
Gallery: 2962
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: Tidaholm!

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 3

I'm guessing you can probably sit on a LACK coffee table? I think they would need to plan for people doing that... It's been my experience that people will sit on anything that's the right height, at least from time to time .

So I'm thinking that if a person can sit on it, an LCD should be NO problem?

James

Share |

Want to help support IKEAFANS without taking a penny out of your pocket? Check out Amazon's offerings by following the link below (then search from there ) and a percentage of the sale will support this site! Kitchen Planning Resources
Tigratrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 08, 9:39 pm  
IKEA FAN

My IKEA: USA-Ft Lauderdale:Sunrise

I really want to buy the 60" wide Stockholm tv unit for my new 58" Plasma tv, but the specs say that it won't support the weight. Max weight for the stand is 110 llb., my TV is 134 llb. This stand says that it will accomodate up to a 60" flat panel? It seems contradictory. Any thoughts?

Share |
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 08, 9:50 pm  
Frankenfingers

iKarma: 84,382
Gallery: 2962
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: Tidaholm!

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 3

I would go with the weight limit on that. It may accommodate the physical width, but if it's over the weight limit your TV is too heavy for the unit unless you provide some reinforcement. You might possibly be able to use something to attractively transmit some of that weight directly to the floor (like putting some stainless capita legs in as columns, one directly over the other with shelves in between or something similar) but I would trust the stated weight limit for the unit.

That's just my opinion though, YMMV obviously .

James

Share |

Want to help support IKEAFANS without taking a penny out of your pocket? Check out Amazon's offerings by following the link below (then search from there ) and a percentage of the sale will support this site! Kitchen Planning Resources
Tigratrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 08, 10:25 pm  
ted
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 107,182
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Etobicoke

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 2

I've been blogged!

I don't think it's contradictory. It unfortunately
just doesn't work out well for your particular set.
Flat panels from different manufacturers
will all have different weights even though
the screen size might be consistent, and
LCDs can be substantially lighter than plasma sets.
I think the mention of accommodating a 60" set
is that the width would be ok and they provide the
weight limit so you can make the call.
Perhaps you could reinforce the unit
to carry the additional weight??

Ted

Share |
ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 12, 11:25 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 102
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown

Hello,

I have placed the Lack Coffee table in my apartment's living area as a seating arrangement. It looks very contemporary along with Ivory sofa set. Was just wondering if it could carry the weight of an average person.

Share |
Aarti is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
coffee , lack , lcd , table , tv