LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Apr 10th, 10, 10:19 pm   #1
swataz
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 775
Gallery: 0
What the heck happened to Markor?

OK, this is very strange. I have been holding off on finishing my Markor setup in the 'man cave' and finally decided to check stock on IKEA.COM in my local store so I can go buy the coffee table and possibly an end table tomorrow.

Markor searches come up with just the bookshelf containers that FIT in them, no Markor products!

Aside from some assembly instructions and some Living Room setup photos where the Markor items are visible, but no prices or product mentions are linked on that page.

The Markor line seems to have vanished overnight. It was still in stock and all over their website 2 weeks ago when I looked last.

Does anyone have any info? This is baffling! The whole line is gone??

Share |

swataz is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Apr 11th, 10, 11:53 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 121,122
Gallery: 8
My IKEA: USA-Tampa:Ybor City
Doorstyle: Nexus Brown-Black +Abstrakt & Rubrik White

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 6

I've been blogged!
Re: What the heck happened to Markor?

Really pi**es me off when they do that...

Share |
Old Apr 11th, 10, 3:01 pm  
Administrator

iKarma: 216,513
Gallery: 1457
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 3

One time, the entire MALM line of bedroom products disappeared for three months. Oops!

Seriously, I wouldn't fret - IKEA has improved their website in the last few years, but that doesnt prevent them from occasionally making bonehead mistakes that then won't be corrected until the IT team gets back to the country's website on the next round....three months later.

If you're very concerned about making a fruitless trip to the store, you could always try to call ahead of time. OTOH , if it's being discontinued, you might hotfoot it to the store to try to get your stuffs cheap in the AS-IS room.

So, I'm intrigued...I'd love to do an article about Man-Caves. You got pictures of yours?

Susan

Share |
Old Apr 11th, 10, 3:30 pm  
IKEA FAN

I went to Ikea this morning to find that they did indeed have Markor in the self-serve pickup aisles with markdowns of 25% - 45% on the products I wanted!

Does seem, though, with the yellow tags and markdowns, that it is on the way out. Glad I waited, I saved some dough!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Share |
Old Apr 11th, 10, 3:31 pm  
IKEA FAN

I can upload pix when I get these put together and situated...stand by!
Posted via Mobile Device

Share |
Old Apr 11th, 10, 7:15 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 

I've been blogged!

Jackpot! I rushed over and got my coffee table for $40 off. Thanks for the heads-up. And, FYI , the sign did say "last chance." Alas, it appears that solid pine Markor is now gone the way of the dodo.

Share |
Old Apr 16th, 10, 2:26 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 181
My IKEA: USA-New Jersey:Elizabeth

I was waiting to get the teevee stand. Earlier in the week, when I saw that the Markor line was off the website, I went to the Ikea and they had everything in the Markor line except the one thing I wanted. Rats!

Share |
vwaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 10, 2:39 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

LBG Adoptions

I've been blogged!

Ugh! Sorry to hear that @vwaxman. But, welcome to the forums anyway. What are you getting instead?

Now that I got my table and set it up, I don't like it in the room and am returning it anyway. Go figure...

Share |
Old Apr 17th, 10, 8:29 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 181
My IKEA: USA-New Jersey:Elizabeth

I got the Hemnes tv unit instead. It was cheaper, and I'm happy enough with it.

Share |
vwaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 10, 11:30 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 396
My IKEA: USA-Charlotte

I went last weekend (Charlotte) to pick up the horizontal bookcase, but found out their discontinued everything but the coffee table and side table (and maybe the TV stand). Now I'm back to the drawing board!

Share |
digsite is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment