Espo
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 18,974
Gallery: 33
My IKEA: USA-Orlando
Doorstyle: Nexus Brown-Black, Applad White
I've been blogged!
Installing cabinets on 45 degree angle?

I have been drawing different plans for months now and I've finally figured out what I want to do, if it's feasable.

How difficult would it be to install cabinets on an angle? Any pointers or things I should look out for? The corner in question would be an oven cabinet so it would have to be braced from behind somehow.

Share |

Espo is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 16th, 09, 10:09 pm  
IKEAFans...we put the fun in functional!

iKarma: 29,790
Gallery: 148
My IKEA: USA-Phoenix:Tempe
Doorstyle: Nexus Birch

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 10

I've been blogged!
Re: Installing cabinets on 45 degree angle?

Moving to Modifications for further input.

Share |

Life is too short to live with bad design.

Planning a new IKEA kitchen? Click here: Getting Started
DesignDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 09, 3:58 pm  
IKEA FANatic

I've been blogged!

So I was thinking I could use some L brackets to attach the oven cabinet and the pantry together, and just nail some 2x4's between the 2 walls to give the oven cab something to mount to from behind. To mount the cover panel I could build a 2x4 frame to mount it on, does this all seem feasable?

The wall on the bottom of the drawing does not exist, and would be built to suit, so I should be able to have plenty of room to install stuff.

I would really appreciate any feedback before I go forward with this project.

Share |
Old Mar 21st, 09, 10:28 pm  
Installer

iKarma: 18,053
Gallery: 51
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: Kalsebo, Arlig Beech
I've been blogged!

Remember to add some filler between the corner cabinet and the cabinets next to it (at least 1" to 1.5"), so that the adjacent doors/drawers won't bump into each other on the corners. And also be careful where you put the handles, in order to avoid any surprises.

Share |
Old Oct 30th, 11, 1:19 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 111
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown
Lightbulb Re: Installing cabinets on 45 degree angle?

Here is a link to my favorite use of an oven in the corner:

corner oven

I'm hoping IKEA will come up with a corner oven cabinet. What I like about this one is that the sides go straight back, not waste so much space on either side.

Share |
Jackson White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 11, 8:29 am  
IKEA FANatic

I've been blogged!

You could do that corner cabinet using existing Ikea cabinets and cover panels. I don't really like the look of it though, but that is just my opinion. I scrapped the original plan in this thread and went with something completely different. I still love this design though.

Share |
Old Oct 30th, 11, 3:03 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 228,852
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson White View Post
I'm hoping IKEA will come up with a corner oven cabinet. What I like about this one is that the sides go straight back, not waste so much space on either side.
Welcome to IKEAFANS, Jackson.

I'm curious as to what this corner oven cabinet would like in your mind, and how it would fit and function. Regardless, I wouldn't hold my breath on that idea.

And while the sides going straight back saves wall space on either side, they create really narrow, awkward angles and corners going back to the wall - a lot of that space is virtually useless.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment