LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Nov 16th, 06, 12:56 pm   #1
mlannoo
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Detroit:Canton
Where can I buy additional drawer slides for my VARDE Base Cabinet?

Anyone know where can I buy additional drawer slides for my VARDE Base Cabinet? They are not side mounted, but mounted underneath. I want to build 2 additional drawers for this small kitchen cabinet. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg varde.jpg (6.2 KB, 59 views)

Share |

mlannoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Dec 10th, 06, 9:34 am  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 70
Wow, two Varde questions in the same time span that get no responses? Come on Ikea Fans! Has no one tried to modify the Varde line?

Here are some online sites that sell cabinet hardware. You can find the drawer slides you'll need here. I'm assuming the Varde line uses Blum hardware?

http://www.cabinetparts.com

http://rockler.com

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Share |
Neilometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 06, 2:12 pm  
Administrator

iKarma: 220,591
Gallery: 1457
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 3

Wow, Neil...you're right. I think, from what I've seen that the VARDE line does not use the same hardware as the AKURUM line. I think if you're going to make your own drawers, you could use whatever hardware you like. The 3 sources that Neil gave are 3 that I would recommend as well.

Let us know how this has turned out for you?

Susan

Share |
Old Jun 16th, 09, 2:31 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
My IKEA: USA-Dallas:Frisco
Re: Where can I buy additional drawer slides for my VARDE Base Cabinet?

Help! new member here - just rescued a nice group of Rationell drawers from the curb pick up in the neighborhood - I would like to use them - where will I be able to purchase the slide hardware (for the cabinet interior) that will marry up to these drawers ? thanks!

Share |
pcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 09, 9:31 pm  
Installer

iKarma: 18,053
Gallery: 51
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: Kalsebo, Arlig Beech
I've been blogged!
Re: Where can I buy additional drawer slides for my VARDE Base Cabinet?

You can buy the "upgrade" for older drawers, which is just what you need: a set of slides and a pair of dampers at $19.99 per drawer.

IKEA | Built-in kitchens | AKURUM/RATIONELL system | RATIONELL | Drawer damper with rail

Share |

Comment