No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jan 29th, 10, 4:26 am   #1
Level
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 340
Gallery: 0
Gap between Framsta panels and wall - how to attach them

Hello

I am new to the forum but I would really appreciate some advice.

I am building a TV/entertainment unit and have bought some “low” Besta units and some glass Framsta panels. I will be putting 4 glass Framsta panels on top of the units but since I want glass shelves on them I need to fix them to the wall.

Unfortunately because of a chunky skirt board there is a (approx) 5 cm/1,5 inch gap between the panels and the wall. This is too large to allow me to attach the panels using the wall fixtures provided.

Any ideas/advice on what to use to attach the panels to the wall? Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Share |

Level is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jan 29th, 10, 9:41 am  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 216,568
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: Gap between Framsta panels and wall - how to attach them

Welcome to IKEAFANS, Level.

The obvious first choice would be to remove the skirt board where the Besta unit will be, so it could go up against the wall.

If you can't do that, how about attaching a board (the equivalent of a 2x3 or 2x4) to the wall in the location where the small Framsta mounting brackets will go? This will give them the same distance from the wall that the Betsa unit has because of the skirt boards.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 10, 7:38 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 340
Gallery: 0
Re: Gap between Framsta panels and wall - how to attach them

Thanks for the suggestion, Chuck, it's a very good idea.

Share |
Level is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
attach to wall , distance , framsta