Espo
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 18,924
Gallery: 33
My IKEA: USA-Orlando
Doorstyle: Nexus Brown-Black, Applad White
I've been blogged!
Rev-a-shelf 6" filler pullout install

I just wanted to show how easy it was to install the Rev-a-Shelf 6" filler pullout. The instructions on the website make it seem kind of difficult but it was very easy.

It comes pre-assembled so there's not much to it. I started by getting 2 of the Ikea legs attached to the bottom of the cabinet. I did this by marking where the dowels would go then used a 1/2" bit to drill the holes. The way the cabinet is designed you can go all the way through the wood and it won't hurt anything.

Once the legs are on its as simple as placing it next to a cabinet and attaching it to the sides. I did this from the top only, originally using the 2 predrilled holes at the top of each cabinet. However I realized once it was installed that you could see the wood frame even with the door on. So I lowered the cabinet to be flush with the bottom of the other cabinets and then raised the door. You can still see the wood frame slightly, I may paint it white later.

The door is actually a 30"x6" drawer front on its side. The pullout has 2 slots where you screw into the the drawer front from the back side and since it is slotted you can line it up perfect. The drawer fronts are not exactly the same height as the rest of the doors, its about 1/4" shorter. You can either split the difference or, like I did, make it match the bottom of the other cabinets. I am hoping the counter top will mask the fact that it is slightly off.

Click for larger version
Click for larger version
Click for larger version
Click for larger version
Click for larger version
Click for larger version

Share |

Espo is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 15th, 10, 3:09 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 120,815
Gallery: 8
My IKEA: USA-Tampa:Ybor City
Doorstyle: Nexus Brown-Black +Abstrakt & Rubrik White

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 6

I've been blogged!
Re: Rev-a-shelf 6" filler pullout install

Thanks @Espo. This a keeper. BTW , the kitchen is coming along beautifully.

Share |
Old Mar 15th, 10, 8:57 am  
IKEA holic

iKarma: 4,000,056,763
Gallery: 34
My IKEA: USA-Baltimore
Doorstyle: Nexus Brown Akurum, bunches of others too.

I have this pullout too, but the 30 by 6.13 drawer front didn't work for me. It's 1/2 to 3/4 too short. How can that be?
Posted via Mobile Device

Share |
mams99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 10, 6:06 pm  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 18,924
Gallery: 33
My IKEA: USA-Orlando
Doorstyle: Nexus Brown-Black, Applad White
I've been blogged!

Mams...I'm not sure, maybe different door styles have slightly different dimensions? The white ones I used are the stat/applad (its the same white for the drawers).

Quiltmaster...Thanks! I wish it was coming along faster but I don't get much time to work on it. Its a good thing my girlfriend has a fully functioning kitchen! She has threatened to cut me off though I started designing this kitchen around november of last year and started demo work around last february. Maybe I can win the record!

Share |
Espo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 10, 6:35 pm  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 24,207
Gallery: 52
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: Nexus Brown-Black/Abstrakt White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo View Post
I started designing this kitchen around november of last year and started demo work around last february. Maybe I can win the record!
This makes me feel so much better! I started demo work (giving my cabinets way) in December.

Karen

Share |
karen51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 10, 9:51 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 120,815
Gallery: 8
My IKEA: USA-Tampa:Ybor City
Doorstyle: Nexus Brown-Black +Abstrakt & Rubrik White

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 6

I've been blogged!

The best way to find out if something can wait is to let it.

Share |

Comment