Old Apr 27th, 10, 10:19 am   #1
Harpy
IKEAFANS Community Mentor

iKarma: 171,619
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Ft Lauderdale:Sunrise
Doorstyle: Stat or Lidi

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

reupholstering ikea sofa

Just ran across this interesting step-by-step for reupholstering an ikea sofa. In this case it's the Manstad, which is probably the most complicated one to do, so hopefully people will find it easy to adapt the directions for other models:

EDDIE ROSS - Before & After - An IKEA Sofa Makeover

Share |

Harpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Nov 15th, 10, 12:07 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 210
Question Re: reupholstering ikea sofa

Yes! My husband and I came across this Eddie Ross site, too. No one answered the measurements question as far as I know. Here's what I've compiled b/ w IKEA online cust.svc. (twice), the IKEA website, one other person, and some math [pls. see below].

Would someone give me the remaining measurement of the height of the arm/end pieces, please, so we could finally order our fabric and Manstad and reupholster the sofa before we assemble it?? Much Appreciated!! - Michele

Sofa Arm/ End piece - 35 3/8" long x ____" w x 7.065" deep
Chaise Arm/ End piece - 61 1/4" long x ____" w x 7.0625" d
Sofa Cushion - 53" long x 29.5" w x (8"d?)
Chaise Cushion - 55 1/8" long x 27 w x (8"d?)
Back pieces - 80 3/8" w x 5 7/8 d [height (width) not too important; I'll use fabric by the yard to cover these. Same goes for bottom frame.]
Back Cushions - 26" long x 16" w x 6"top/8.5"bottom d [Or I'd cover these as one, or replace with smaller cushions]

Needed:
1. the height (width) of the arm/end pieces (Is it 28 3/4"? Probably a little shorter?)
[2. the thickness (depth) of the seat cushions (sofa and chaise). (I believe it's just under 8".)]

Share |

Last edited by armyofwe; Nov 15th, 10 at 9:58 pm..
armyofwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 11, 3:30 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 126
My IKEA: Canada-Vancouver:Coquitlam
Re: reupholstering ikea sofa

I just got a used Manstad and the cushions were really dirty, I tried everything to clean them and I honestly can't afford to buy a slipcover ($400+) but I totally found a awesome alternative! Crib sheets! Standard size crib sheets fit perfectly, and I mean perfectly! And I love that the couch now has a punch of colour, that can easily and inexpensively be changed!

Share |
Lady Heather is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment