No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Oct 20th, 10, 1:16 pm   #1
Lizstar319
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 313
Gallery: 0
Adding Legs to 2 Drawer Malm Chest

Hi all,

I am a newbie here, and am hoping someone can help me out. I did a search but didn't find any threads that related to my question.

I am about to buy an apartment full of new Ikea furniture, and am having trouble with the night stands. I was originally planning on going with the Sorum, but turns out, it's not available (either not sold in or out of stock) in any of the stores in the NY-NJ-CT-PA area.

Since the rest of my bedroom furniture is Malm, I thought I'd go with the 2 drawer chest, but it isn't high enough (I am looking for about 24" high - it's ok if it's higher than my bed, just can't be lower).

Is it possible to add legs to the night stand to make it higher?

Complete side note: Would it look ok if I didn't put in the bottom drawer? I really want a night stand with one drawer and open space.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Share |

Lizstar319 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Oct 20th, 10, 1:35 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 194,817
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: Cyprus-Verginas
I've been blogged!
Re: Adding Legs to 2 Drawer Malm Chest

Hi

Adding legs will be difficult and the bottom of the unit is quite narrow, so you don't have a lot of space to fit anything.

As to leaving out the bottom drawer, I think it would look a bit odd.

Have you tried looking at the Hemnes range? Try item 70121230 as it seems to fit the bill for what you want.

I hope this helps.

Share |
bigredbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 10, 2:02 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 313
Gallery: 0
Re: Adding Legs to 2 Drawer Malm Chest

Thanks, bigredbird. I forgot to mention, I am moving into a studio, and so every inch counts. I am not sure if something 18" wide will fit...I am going to take another look at my measurements and see. I think that's why I intially didn't go for that one.

I was looking at the other Hemnes nightstand (single door), but thought it just looked kind of strange with no drawer.

Thanks so much for your input!

Share |
Lizstar319 is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment