No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Sep 2nd, 11, 12:57 pm   #1
Love to Learn
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 366
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Burlington
Stacking 2 Malm dressers

Can you stack two 4-drawer Malm dressers? I'd be securing them together, obviously, but i'm wondering if i can cut off the toe-kick of the one that will be stacked on top. What about if i stack a 3-drawer on top of the 4-drawer?

Share |

Love to Learn is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Sep 2nd, 11, 1:17 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 216,482
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: Stacking 2 Malm dressers

Welcome to IKEAFANS, LtL.

Can you? Yes. Should you? I don't know - probably not. You're creating a dresser that's going to be high - depending on the combination and how much you cut, the top of the second dresser will be 7', plus or minus about 4". This means you won't be able to see into the top drawer or 2, and they'll be difficult to access.

You're also increasing the tip-ability of this unit, so you ABSOLUTELY MUST secure it to the wall.

Finally, if you go ahead with this plane, you can't completely cut off the toe kick - the bottom of the bottom drawer extends below the bottom rail of the carcass. You might be better served by eliminating that toe-kick piece and leaving the bottom open for a little extra storage ( for all the crap you won't be able to get to in the top 2 drawers, for instance.)

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
malm dresser , stacked