LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jan 25th, 12, 10:11 am   #1
hellogeri
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 200
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Vaughan
Question EXPEDIT Desk Max Weight? How to Reinforce?

I have an Expedit desk attached to a 2 x 4 vertical Expedit bookcase.

Up until now I've only been keeping my iMac and Macbook Pro on the desk — no big deal.

Yesterday my Wacom Cintiq pen display arrived, the new one, which is 63 pounds! It's incredibly heavy and the only place I can put it is on the inside of the desk, close to those brackets that attach the desk to the shelving. While the desk doesn't seem unstable, I'm terrified about the thought of the clamp brackets giving out someday.

Does anyone know what the maximum weight load is for the Expedit desk, when attached is?

I've heard that the Expedit desk is "hollow" although I just assumed it was solid particleboard all the way through the frame. I was thinking about getting some L-shaped brackets but I don't want to drill a hole underneath the desk and bookcase frame if they aren't even going to stay in place. Should small L-brackets work?

Any other ideas for reinforcement?

Share |

hellogeri is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Comment

Tags
expedit bookcase , expedit desk