Old Feb 27th, 12, 8:36 am   #1
cocoloco
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 220
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Germany-Frankfurt:Nieder-Eschback
Upholstering the back of a PAX wardrobe

Hi,

I'm looking to set up a 3m PAX wardrobe (two 1m modules, 2 50cms) as a room divider in my studio, just like in this Ikea hackers thread

Problem is, OP never explained how she upholstered the back to look so neat. I don't have any experience working with textile so I don't have a clue on how to pull it off. I was thinking of maybe just buying an electric stapler and stapling the thing tight, but I'm not sure if it will work...

Also, that material on the borders look like it's some kind of tape is it not? I think the final result is pretty decent, but I don't like the horizontal divider. Do you think it would look good if left it bare, and the staples/nails or whatever were visible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Share |

cocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Feb 27th, 12, 2:55 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 216,986
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: Upholstering the back of a PAX wardrobe

Welcome to IKEAFANS, coco.

I'm wondering if the black ribbon/border isn't some sort of moulding that is nailed or stapled to the back of the wardrobes.

It looked to me as if the OP goes by the name "groovyelisa" - there are several links to other photos posted by her in the middle of the Ikea Hacker page, and you might be able to contact her through those.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment