Old Apr 30th, 12, 11:55 am   #1
sagittariansrock
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 287
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Houston
Stain to match Black/brown Hemnes and Ikea White on powder-coated steel

Hi
I am trying to make all my furniture match some black/brown Hemnes I have purchased. It turns out that Ikea doesn't sell those colors, and I have a few choices based on extensive internet searches I have made. But first, these are the things I need to paint:
Ikea white on solid pine, solid birch, birch veneer (ply)
Ikea black/brown on solid pine, solid birch, powder-coated steel
I read about General Finishes Lava matching the black/brown by itself, but some posts mention using Minwax ebony with it. On the other hand someone suggested Ralph Lauren Turret Stair (which I am not sure where to get). Additionally, can I paint powder-coated steel and with what?
Also, how do I match the Ikea white (you know, the off-white color on their cushions and sofa covers).
I really appreciate your help and time and will be sure to post before and after pictures to help future hackers/fans. Thanks much

Share |

sagittariansrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Comment