Comment

LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jul 9th, 06, 1:29 pm  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 521
Gallery: 7
We finally started putting on some more handles yesterday.. we did all of the 18" wide drawers (7 in all). We still have a bunch more to do and we decided we'll probably use a different style for the uppers (the low profile ones- (Grippa, I think)).

We have a punchlist of items and we have the plumber (rather than the handyman) coming tomorrow to finally get the hot/cold dispenser operational.

We're having three different get-togethers/parties next weekend (starting on Thursday) so that's been a good inspiration to get some more things done...

The backsplash is still undecided. I went to one fo the tile places on Friday and they had the same granite (though in the polished version) with a glass mosaic tile that had some irridescence- (it wasn't bizazza (sp?), and had a slightly more rustic look) that looked nice. The onyx ones that looked interesting were $30/s.f. and I'm not sure I'm willing to go that high... I'm going to need to figure out what we're doing around the window and behind and next to the range...

Share |
lisa02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 06, 11:56 pm  
IKEA FANatic

We finished all the handles (except the two uppers with glass doors) a while ago. We just bought the handles for the uppers- now we can install them ;-)

We still have a punchlist of mostly little things = finishing the microwave trim kit; getting a custom piece of stainless steel for the hood extension; swapping hinges on the fridge door- we got them mixed up and the fridge door is a little clunky in its operation; leveling the range...

but the one big thing is still the backsplash. We've made very little progress in figuring it out- though we did go to Expo and look around -- no "wows" . THere's another local tile place which has good recommendations- so I'll try and get over there in the next few weeks to check it out.

We're at the totally functional stage- we hired a plumber for the final hook up of the instant hot -- we like it a lot... (the handyman kept saying he'd do it, but never did). We love our DCS range, hood and dishdrawers. The kitchen *works* in a way that the old one never did.... I don't have those "get out of my way" moments that I had in our before kitchen ;-)

One day- hopefully in the not too distant future, I'll be able to post a finished kitchen with backsplash ;-)

Share |
Old Aug 11th, 06, 8:48 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Quote:
"The kitchen *works* in a way that the old one never did.... I don't have those "get out of my way" moments that I had in our before kitchen ;-)

One day- hopefully in the not too distant future, I'll be able to post a finished kitchen with backsplash ;-)"
I can't wait - for a finished picture with backsplash AND for my own "working" kitchen. I know those "get out of my way" moments only too well

enjoy - it's looking great!
bk

Share |
BarbaraK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 12, 12:38 am  
IKEA FANatic

Re: Lisa02 Before and hopefully after in late May...

Wow. Back here after a long hiatus.. It took a while to finish the backsplash and we actually sold the house 4 years ago! But, I figured I'd post a picture of the kitchen (stage for the sale)

Share |
Old May 13th, 12, 4:35 pm  
Administrator

iKarma: 215,818
Gallery: 1457
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 3

Wow! Looks great! Are you going to be doing another new kitchen, perchance?

Susan

Share |
Old May 13th, 12, 4:38 pm  
Administrator

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 

Wow! Looks great! Thanks for the followup! Great to see you again.

Susan

Share |
Old May 13th, 12, 7:43 pm  
IKEA FANatic

Yes- we're buying a fixer-upper. We expect to close in two weeks but the kitchen is going to be last on the list (except for a few quick things to make it functional and not scary)

Thanks for the welcome back. I think I was here in the early days... looks like a lot has changed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Wow! Looks great! Are you going to be doing another new kitchen, perchance?

Susan

Share |
Old May 14th, 12, 9:10 am  
Administrator

LBG Adoptions

Yes, you were! and yes it has...and will again soon, too!

Post up pics of your new place when you close - we'd love to see what you've got to work with!

Susan

Share |

Comment

Tags
kitchenaid

Subscribe to IKEA News in Your Inbox:

Email:

Featured Kitchen Contractors

Recent Directory Listings

• iKitchens, Etc.
    We are the premier IKEA Kitchen Installer in Massachusetts. Our company offers complete in-house design service followed by an impeccable installation.
  • Semihandmade
    Custom. IKEA. Doors. The idea for Semihandmade came from a desire to offer the same craftsmanship we produce in our Los Angeles-based Handmade studio to a wider audience, at a lower price.
  • Our House, LLC
    Our House ‘takes the pain’ out of the design and installation process by providing hassle-free service every step of the way. Serving CT and the greater NYC area.
Help an IKEAFAN - Find Threads with Zero Replies