No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Feb 15th, 10, 9:51 pm   #1
etceteraism
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 1,739
Gallery: 0
How often does IKEA restock?

Hi everyone!

I'm starting to pick some furniture out and went to IKEA yesterday with my boyfriend to decide for sure (he won't be moving in until April).

I noticed afterwards on the IKEA site that all the items we looked at seem to be in pretty low stock at our local IKEA store (Karlstad loveseat/chaise in Ullevi grey, Lack TV table in white, the green "pac man" like duvet).

I know that the prices are good until July 1st-but does that mean items that may be discontinued next year won't be restocked after this? We're not ready to buy yet (don't have exact measurements) but we're pretty set on what we've chosen. How often does IKEA usually restock?

Also-we saw the white and dark brown Lack TV stands in with a bunch of "now or never" sale pieces-although the white (the color we want) was regular price and didn't have that tag. Any news if the Lack TV stand is going to be discontinued?

Share |

etceteraism is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Feb 16th, 10, 7:13 am  
IKEA addict

iKarma: 50,266
My IKEA: USA-New Haven

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor 
Total Awards: 2

I've been blogged!
Re: How often does IKEA restock?

Hej och välkommen to our forum! You'll find a ton of information about IKEA here within our pages.

As for inventory...IKEA restocks on a regular basis (what regular means, I'm not sure). I can tell you that when I was considering my purchase of a MANSTAD sofabed, I watched the website to confirm when the piece was in stock...and the website was indeed correct.

I would think that some items wouldn't be restocked, if they were on the discontinued list, due to the inability to obtain more. The only real way to tell is find an IKEAn who seems to know his/her stuff...and discuss.

Wow, how was that for a non-answer answer? Yay, me!

Seriously, welcome. Enjoy!

Share |
Old Feb 16th, 10, 7:15 am  
IKEA addict

LBG Adoptions

I've been blogged!

Oh, you have 8, count 'em 8 posts!!! I looked at that 8 and thought it was a zero!!!

GEEZ...you'd think these new glasses would have actually allowed me to see the board, no?

Share |
Old Feb 16th, 10, 12:02 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 1,739

Thanks for your reply (the first one-I'll ignore that 2nd comment).
Of course there are posts on IKEA restocking, but I didn't see any on restocking close to the "new Ikea year" when the catalogue comes out, and wanted to know if anyone had heard about the Lack item being discontinued.

Share |
etceteraism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 10, 12:38 pm  
IKEA addict

LBG Adoptions

I've been blogged!

I have heard nothing about the LACK items being discontinued.

Share |
Old Mar 3rd, 10, 8:49 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 1,171
My IKEA: USA-Charlotte

The only thing I would worry about is the duvet, and possibly the Karlstad cover. You might want to go ahead and pick those up just in case (you don't have to buy the couch to buy the cover). I would guess that maybe the Lack units were a bit overstocked at some point recently, and they were trying to sell through to get rid of them.

Share |

Comment

Subscribe to IKEA News in Your Inbox:

Email:

Featured Kitchen Contractors

Recent Directory Listings

• iKitchens, Etc.
    We are the premier IKEA Kitchen Installer in Massachusetts. Our company offers complete in-house design service followed by an impeccable installation.
  • Semihandmade
    Custom. IKEA. Doors. The idea for Semihandmade came from a desire to offer the same craftsmanship we produce in our Los Angeles-based Handmade studio to a wider audience, at a lower price.
  • Our House, LLC
    Our House ‘takes the pain’ out of the design and installation process by providing hassle-free service every step of the way. Serving CT and the greater NYC area.
Help an IKEAFAN - Find Threads with Zero Replies