Comment

LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old May 31st, 10, 4:49 am   #1
buchos
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 420
Gallery: 0
Thumbs down Warning, No Stolmen Fittings ...Ever Again?

Hi All,
We bought a LOT of Stolmen on Saturday to turn a room into a walk in wardrobe, but the little suspension and end fittings were marked 'temporarily out of stock'. No problem, we can assemble the rest to get started and get them when they come back in.

Erm no! When we called, these fittings have been withdrawn from all stores for quality reasons and the staff at Ikea checked the system and told us there are no plans or dates for a replacement .

Ikea will still let you buy Stolmen, even though it cannot be assembled without the suspension fittings.... so we have a room full of poles and cannot fit the drawers or shelves!

Share |

buchos is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old May 31st, 10, 10:52 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 121,172
Gallery: 8
My IKEA: USA-Tampa:Ybor City
Doorstyle: Nexus Brown-Black +Abstrakt & Rubrik White

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 6

I've been blogged!
Re: Warning, No Stolmen Fittings ...Ever Again?

Wow! Bummer. Looks like a returns visit is in store. Sorry.

Share |
Old Jun 1st, 10, 5:40 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 9,522

Gah... and I want to setup a few desks and a night stand with the stolmen series... Ohh well good thing I don't have the funds yet so I'll be able to wait for a bit and hope it'll get better.

Hmm there are two stolmen fittings... the ending one with a single brace and the in between one with two. The latter is in stock and they actually just got fresh stock.

Share |
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 10, 4:42 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 996

buchos,
are you in the us?

Share |
patrickbath@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 10, 3:49 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 8,145
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Costa Mesa
Doorstyle: Nexus Brown-Black
I've been blogged!

What color?

I know in the US the aluminum pieces are being discontinued and the white ones are coming to replace them. My store already has the white fixtures, but some of the new shelving is still on its way.

Share |
fries_n_gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 10, 10:18 pm  
Administrator

iKarma: 220,541
Gallery: 1457
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 3

There's a difference between it being 'discontinued' and the staff not seeing any date for it to be re-stocked. The latter happens frequently, while the former...well, it happens - that's how IKEA keeps their offerings fresh and new.

But often stock will run out, or the manufacturer will be changed and there will be nothing left until the new stock arrives. Sometimes there's very little warning and sometimes there's lots.

I wish Macks was still hanging around - she could chime in on this with some authority. Miss her.

Susan

Share |
Old Jun 4th, 10, 2:59 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 996

hi everyone,
i just called ikea, they said the stolmen line is not being discontinued, only the silver-colored parts and the tv wall unit. everything white is still available, and will be for the forseeable future.
whew!
pb

Share |
patrickbath@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment