No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Apr 25th, 11, 10:39 am   #1
drcrash
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 16,992
Gallery: 41
My IKEA: USA-Seattle:Renton
Doorstyle: Abstrakt white
Are Ikea "No Sales Tax" Days a Thing of the Past?

Hi,

I have been holding for a "no sales tax" day here in Washington State to get the last pieces of my kitchen, but I cannot remember the last time I have seen such a thing. I am not really in a hurry, but if those don't happen, I don't have to wait either

Does anybody know if Ikea stopped doing those, and if not, when the next one might be?

Thanks!

Share |

drcrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Apr 25th, 11, 12:39 pm  
Administrator

iKarma: 220,451
Gallery: 1457
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 3

Re: Are Ikea "No Sales Tax" Days a Thing of the Past?

I could be wrong, but I want to say that these happen in the late summer - as part of the return to school campaign. Although that may be state by state. Wish I knew more... Maybe someone who knows more than I will come along - perhaps a co-worker?

Susan

Share |
Old Apr 29th, 11, 3:50 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 8,145
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Costa Mesa
Doorstyle: Nexus Brown-Black
I've been blogged!

I always thought they ran mid-April to coincide with Tax Season. Last I heard though, in CA the "tax-free event" wasn't going to happen any more since IKEA was running astray of some government tax regulation(s). I can't speak for other states.

Not really sure how other stores (Lowes, HD, etc) can get away with it but IKEA can't.

Share |
fries_n_gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 11, 11:38 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 5,967
My IKEA: USA-Chicago:Schaumburg

Do not wait too long to buy that last few pieces of kitchen items. Unless you have one of those high gloss solid color doors and fronts, which the variation in colors does not happen much, if you have one of laminated wood pieces, you could run into dye lot variation after a while. I have seen folks trying to buy kitchen pieces over months and ended up with fronts from different dye lots. Such kitchen will not have an uniform color when completed.

Share |
aiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 11, 6:59 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 576
My IKEA: USA-Portland

You could just drive on over to Oregon where every day is "No Sales Tax" Day...

Share |
shawnpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 11, 8:10 pm  
IKEA addict

iKarma: 49,724
Gallery: 1
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Doorstyle: APPLAD/RUBRIK WHITE

taxachusetts is letting it slide this weekend, 8/13 and 8/14. great when combined with the ongoing kitchen sale. : D

Share |
karen.j.cosme is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment