LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Oct 30th, 09, 9:25 am   #1
canavin
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 419
Gallery: 0
Need 4 of the Malm part # 113456

Assembling a queen sized Malm bed and missing the 4 semicircular spacers the attach the head and footboards...No idea where they went. IKEA won't tell me over the phone if they have them in the parts bin and they're a 3 hour round trip for me. Hoping to save the frustration of going up there to find out they don't have any available. Any help is appreciated.

Share |

canavin is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Oct 30th, 09, 2:46 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 419
Re: Need 4 of the Malm part # 113456

OK, so I used some trickery to get Ikea to help me out a little. After calling and trying to get them to tell me if they have the parts available and them giving me the cold shoulder and telling me to come up there in person, I devised a plan.
I called the main number and asked for the service & returns desk. The operator asked me my name. I gave my first name only. She asked me what I needed and I told her I needed to check a part # with them. She asked me the part #. I told her. She asked me if I had already spoken to the service & returns desk & I fibbed a little (OK, I outright lied) and said I had already walked into the store and they gave me a list of possible part #s and that I was calling to give the right one. After she put me on hold for about 4 minutes she came back on the line and told me they did have the part available. So I guess I'm off to IKEA now. At least I know they actually have what I need now.

Share |
canavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 11, 4:31 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 260
My IKEA: USA-Baltimore
Re: Need 4 of the Malm part # 113456

I need 2 of these parts to put my son's bed together.

Thank you,
Becky

Share |
bschor1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 11, 4:32 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 260
My IKEA: USA-Baltimore
Re: Need 2 of the Malm part # 113456

Need 2 to put my son's bed together!

Thank you,