No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jul 25th, 11, 1:16 pm   #1
lilmelodie
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 296
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Cincinnati:West Chester
crossbars #117228 for bed frame

My husband and I bought the Aneboda bed last summer. We moved and had to put everything in storage for a while. We took the bed frame apart. I was counting out the pieces that we had and figured out we had nearly everything except for those cross bars (part # 117228) that hold the side boards to the midbeam. I saw them when we were cleaning out storage, but I have a feeling they got put on the open trailer and without anything to hold them down, they may have blown off. I forgot to mention to the guys that they should probably take side roads instead of the expressway and I'm kicking myself for it! Since it's been more than 90 days since we bought the bed and we no longer have our receipt, Ikea won't give us new pieces will they? Does anyone else have them? We really want to put our bed together. We've been sleeping with our mattress on the floor for almost 3 months now and we'd really like to change this. Is there a way we could rig something up to work if we can't find the pieces? I have all the screws to reattach them if someone does have them.

Share |

Last edited by lilmelodie; Jul 25th, 11 at 1:20 pm..
lilmelodie is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jul 25th, 11, 1:23 pm  
IKEA addict

iKarma: 5,000,000,077,745
My IKEA: USA-Phoenix:Tempe
Doorstyle: Foo Fighters
Re: crossbars #117228 for bed frame

Try your local store, they might have these in their spare parts.

These rails prevent bowing in the bed sides. If you're not using a box spring you can get by without them, and if one side of the bed is up against a wall you doubley dont need them.

My bed has been without them for about 3 years now and no problems

Share |
hexkeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 11, 1:30 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 296
My IKEA: USA-Cincinnati:West Chester

I'm hesitant to go without them. We had one side of our bed against the wall with those pieces attached and the slats still fell through. Partially because we didn't have them tight enough, but still, I'm not sure I want to risk it.

Share |
lilmelodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 11, 6:27 pm  
IKEA addict

iKarma: 5,000,000,077,745
My IKEA: USA-Phoenix:Tempe
Doorstyle: Foo Fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmelodie View Post
I'm hesitant to go without them. We had one side of our bed against the wall with those pieces attached and the slats still fell through. Partially because we didn't have them tight enough, but still, I'm not sure I want to risk it.
No problem. This is a highly requested item so your store should have some for you. If they don't they can always order them for you

Share |
hexkeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
117228 , aneboda bed frame , crossbars