No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Mar 30th, 07, 9:18 pm   #1
dc55110
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Minneapolis:Twin Cities
Desperately needed Benno TV bench in Black/Brown… I’ll pay TOP Dollar

I'm desperately seeking a Benno TV bench (the one with doors) in Black/Brown. I purchased one a few months ago but didn't get around to putting it together till just about a week ago only to find it severely damaged. Upon returning to Ikea to get a replacement I found that it has been discontinued. I'm desperate, everything in our living room is black/brown and the benno is the only one with doors (toddler) that works with our current setup.
I have the ability to pick this up in many parts of the country, I live in Minnesota and would love to find something close, but I travel frequently around the country so I might be able to pick one up far away if I or a coworker are in your area.
If any one is willing to part with one or knows an Ikea that still has one in stock or open item, I'm willing to pay more that it was new.

Thank you,

Dan

Share |

dc55110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 31st, 07, 2:30 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 70
Gallery: 3
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Costa Mesa
Doorstyle: Nexus Birch

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 3

Hi dc55110,

Welcome to the Forums!

I'm sorry to hear that your Benno was damaged. That must have been frustrating.

Just in case you haven't already, did you look in the As-Is section of your local store? Sometimes they have a few items marked down for products being discontinued.

I see it on the site (IKEA :: Product Display) in other colors if people want to see what it looks like.

One other idea...Have you thought about trying to modify a different product (add doors) or try to stain one of the other color options?

Share |
climber_grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 07, 10:18 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 100
Gallery: 0
Re: Desperately needed Benno TV bench in Black/Brown… I’ll pay TOP Dollar

I just saw one on CL...its no longer there so it may have sold. I have the persons email though bc I inquired about it. It is in the DC Metro area. Let me know if you're still interested.

Share |
hil357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 07, 11:22 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 3,318
Gallery: 109
My IKEA: USA-Seattle:Renton
Doorstyle: Kitchen: Adel Med. Brown / Laundry: Applad White

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 4

I've been blogged!
Re: Desperately needed Benno TV bench in Black/Brown… I’ll pay TOP Dollar

I was also going to recommend Craigslist - but since you travel a lot, try crazedlist.org : search craigslist like a madman

It allows searches of multiple CL at once....

Share |
stacylu is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment