Old Jul 13th, 07, 9:41 pm   #1
rholman
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Houston
Need wooden dowels

Hi everyone!

I am trying to put together one of the tall Billy bookcases that we got forever ago and never put together because the dog gnawed on one of the shelves. Well, I decided I could just put it in the spare room/ office to organize some of my new teachers stuff (this will be my first year teaching! ) until we can get a new one, and lo and behold I have all of the pieces but the large wooden dowels that hold it together. I have three but I need 16 total. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Robin

Share |

rholman is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jul 13th, 07, 10:27 pm  
AKA: DulcineaK
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 120,701
Gallery: 110
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: Rubrik Turq, Fagerland, Tida BB and more!

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 10

I've been blogged!
Re: Need wooden dowels

robin, they sell them in home depot in bags of 25 for under 2$, a bunch of different sizes (i'm sure any good hardware store would have them too)
that's gonna be cheaper than shipping AND you don't have to rely on anyone else

Share |
Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 07, 11:37 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Houston
Smile Re: Need wooden dowels

I had no idea they would sell those at Lowe's or Home Depot. That is awesome, thank you so much for the information!!

Robin

Share |
rholman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 07, 11:45 pm  
AKA: DulcineaK
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 120,701
Gallery: 110
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: Rubrik Turq, Fagerland, Tida BB and more!

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 10

I've been blogged!
Re: Need wooden dowels

no problem, i happened to be in HD buying some today oddly enough in our hd they keep them in the tool corral
if they don't have the right size you also have the option of buying longer dowel rods (yeah, i know, they don't have the cool grooves, but with a little wood glue they'd work) which you can chop down to the proper size... the only reason i mention this is that in my Michaels craft store i have like 20 different sizes
hth
let me know if there is anything more i can do

Share |
Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment